Post by OU Guy »

In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Tix on sale Mon

OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I borrowed these comments from another poster on another site. He said it well.

They have only six losses, but two were early season forfeits. They beat the second place team in the Big Ten, Iowa at their place. And they took third place Michigan to overtime, losing by 5 also on the road. When they won at Iowa, they trailed 62-47 going into the 4th quarter, but outscored the Lady Hawkeyes 27-11 in the 4th to win by a point.

Beginning with their Iowa win, they've won 20 of 22.

- - - -

I looked at their stats last night and they are led by three players.

6'2" Center - Macee Williams - Grad Student - 18.7 PPG / 10.6 Red

5'10" Guard/Forward - Rachel McLimore - RedShirt Senior - 12.8 PPG / 2.9 Reb

5'11" Guard/Forward - Rachel Linn - Sophomore - 10.6 PPG / 3,8 Reb

There next three players are guard types with two being Red Seniors or Grad Students and a Sophomore.

To me the team looks like a team, due to a big scoring center, that could give OU problems. As you can see they are experienced as well. I have not read anything about Skylar Vann's last minute of the game injury to her leg, but we better hope she can play on Saturday.

Speaking of playing on Saturday. The OU Softball Team plays at 4 PM and 6:30 PM in OKC at the HOF Stadium on Saturday. I sure hope that the game is at 11 AM or maybe at 1 PM or perhaps at 9 PM. I would love to be able to attend both the women's basketball game and the softball games.

Boomer Sooner!
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

On Skylar, the Oklahoman quoted Jennie, “we got some good news and there’s a chance she can play Saturday”.

I interpret that to mean scans indicated no damage to the knee and thus it’s a bruise from the knee to knee contact.

That’s my official medical opinion as a retired accountant… :D
EMan

Post by EMan »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:05 am Speaking of playing on Saturday. The OU Softball Team plays at 4 PM and 6:30 PM in OKC at the HOF Stadium on Saturday. I sure hope that the game is at 11 AM or maybe at 1 PM or perhaps at 9 PM. I would love to be able to attend both the women's basketball game and the softball games.

Boomer Sooner!
Something must be in the works because yesterday the schedule on SoonerSports.com showed the softball game against Sam Houston on Saturday was at 1:30 PM. Now it shows 4. I'm sure Joe C is trying to do what he can.
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

EMan wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:36 am
OUBeliever56A wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:05 am Speaking of playing on Saturday. The OU Softball Team plays at 4 PM and 6:30 PM in OKC at the HOF Stadium on Saturday. I sure hope that the game is at 11 AM or maybe at 1 PM or perhaps at 9 PM. I would love to be able to attend both the women's basketball game and the softball games.

Boomer Sooner!
Something must be in the works because yesterday the schedule on SoonerSports.com showed the softball game against Sam Houston on Saturday was at 1:30 PM. Now it shows 4. I'm sure Joe C is trying to do what he can.
I think I messed this up, my thought and yours. I was looking at Friday's schedule: Sam Houston 4 PM and Indiana at 6:30 PM. Saturday's schedule is San Diego at 1:30 PM and Houston at 6:30 PM.
So I was a day off with my comments. I think that messed you up also.

Right now the softball schedule for Saturday is the same - 1:30 PM and 6:30 PM.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Times

EMan

Post by EMan »

56, you’re right. But it’s not the first time I’ve messed up. And unfortunately, won’t be the last either! Thanks for setting all that straight.
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
gwydion

Post by gwydion »

Well, softball has already beat Houston twice so I guess I will skip it to go to Norman for Basketball.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

That is what I decided to do also. I can listen to Plank on the radio and watch Live Stats.
Giraffespots

Post by Giraffespots »

I will be at all softball games but I will most likely skip the Houston game so I can get to the basketball game. That is the only direct time conflict. I hate to miss it since I can't go to any other softball games but I want to be there at the basketball games. It's difficult
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

3 minute nice recap of game

OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I thought the Oklahoma Sooners Women's Basketball team played their best game in a while last night. It was a complete game on both ends of the court by the Sooners. While they did not shut down the center, Macee Williams, for IUPUI they certainly slowed her down and made her work for just about every basket. I thought IUPUI was a well coached team and the team played pretty well themselves.

After the game, I was surprised to find out they only made 7 3-point buckets. Live, it seemed like they hit a lot of 3's in the game. In fact OU hit 8 which was one more than IUPUI. The Sooners shot the ball well from the field last night as they shot 42.9% from the field. The Sooners did miss a few free shots that could have made the game more comfortable down the stretch. One of the best things last night was that the Sooners only had 10 turnovers which is tremendous with the speed that they play the game. I did think the pace of play that the Sooners were able to force was a big key in the win. I think the two centers for IUPUI got leg weary in the game due to the pace.

While Madi Williams and Taylor Robertson both played well for the Sooners, I thought the play of Nevaeh Tot was very good last night. She controlled the temp very well last night. She pushed the ball every time she could but she also pulled the ball back out when there was nothing to take advantage of. She hit a couple of very big 3's also. It was also a very good thing that Skylar Vann shook of the leg issue from last game and was able to play last night. I am not sure she was 100% but what she had was good. The 23 points that Tot and Vann added to the points scored by Robertson and Williams was just what the team needed.

The crowd was a good one and they were loud. But as a fan, I am a bit surprised about the size of the crowd. While it was decent, I thought it might be larger. Maybe the 9 PM start had something to do with that. Maybe the Men's Gymnastics match on campus and the Women's Big 12 Gymnastics in Denver had some fans stay at home and watch also. Maybe the OU Softball weekend in OKC had something to do with it. But on Monday, there is nothing else going on. The Women's BB Game is it. The game starts at 5 PM. Get off work early and get to LNC to support the Sooners against Notre Dame. It will be the #4 seed versus the #5 seed. The Sooner Women just won their first game in the the NCAA Playoffs in a decade. Let's go for two wins and while doing so, they can defeat one of the better women's basketball programs in the country over the last decade or so.

Boomer Sooner!
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

I think you're right about IUPUI getting tired. Near the end of the 3rd quarter, they showed their center on the bench and she looked gassed. IUPUI kept it close in the first half with their 3's. They weren't hitting them in the second half. And I'm not sure their center scored in the 3rd quarter. I haven't looked at the stats, but it seemed like IUPUI got a lot of offensive rebounds.

It was a well played game by the Sooners.