Two OU Gymnasts earn Awards

This is the forum to follow our National Champions Gymnastics team
OUBeliever56A

Two OU Gymnasts earn Awards

Post by OUBeliever56A »

For the Women's Team, Jordan Bowers earned the Newcomer of the Week award. Here is the staff article about the award.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/3/15 ... honor.aspx

For the Men's Team, Fuzzy Benas earned MPSF Gymnasts of the Week award. Here is the staff article about the award.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/3/15 ... -week.aspx

Congrats to both of the gymnasts.

I thought I would mention this. Last night at the Men's NIT game with Missouri State their was an interesting twist. The Women's gymnastics team was there handing out flyers to people in attendance promoting the NCAA Women's Gymnastics Regionals to be held in Lloyd Noble Center on March 30-April 2nd. My wife an I were able to meet Danielle Sievers (FR) and Olivia Trautman (SR). I saw a few other team members in LNC also. It was a great pleasure to meet both of them. For one of the top 2 or 3 gymnastics teams to be out there 'selling' their sport to fans two weeks before the event is impressive. It is no wonder why Coach KJ Kindler is always ready for anything. She is always looking to improve her sport and her team.

The Women's Gymnastics team is trying to ensure there is a big crowd for the Regionals at the end of the month. Kudos to them for doing so.

The Women are participating in the Big 12 Championships this weekend in Denver at 6 PM. I hope they win there and return to Norman and perform in front a full house in LNC in the Regionals.

Boomer Sooner!