OU Women's Basketball - 2023 Commitment - Sahara Williams

A new coach, new recruits, and a new attitude,
OUBeliever56A

OU Women's Basketball - 2023 Commitment - Sahara Williams

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Coach Baranczyk and the Oklahoma Sooner Women's Basketball Team announced that 2023 recruit Sahara Williams, a 5'11" Power Forward, had committed tot he Sooners. She is from Waterloo, Iowa. She was being recruited by several Power 5 schools including South Carolina. it sounds like while Coach Jenny was at Drake that she developed a relationship with Williams.

Williams averaged 19.7 points, 6.7 rebounds and 4 assists a game her Junior year. Her career numbers are 1,169 points, 502 rebounds, 274 assists and 231 steals.

2023 recruits looking good so far. Looking forward to her singing her NLI with OU.

Boomer Sooner!

Here are 3 articles about her commitment.

https://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-baske ... c6772.html

https://wcfcourier.com/sports/high-scho ... 25b7b.html

Giraffespots

Post by Giraffespots »

So I watched all the 3x3 U18 games that went on this weekend. OUr girl is the real deal. Her defense is crazy good. She had more offensive rebounds, with putbacks for a score than anyone in the whole event.

Her teammates were Sarah Strong, '24 uncommitted; Mikayla Williams top ranked recruit committed to LSU; and KKArnold, UConn commit . She was every bit as impressive as any of them.

I am so stoked to see her in a Sooner uniform. During the award ceremony, her selfless demeanor shone. I can't gush enough about her.