Sooner Women's Basketball - Set for Europa Trip in August!

A new coach, new recruits, and a new attitude,
OUBeliever56A

Sooner Women's Basketball - Set for Europa Trip in August!

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here is an announcement that was made in June 17th. I sure missed this one. But better late than never.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/6/17 ... rance.aspx

As the announcement explains it is a sight-seeing and playing trip with 3 games played on August 9th, 11th an 12th. This will be an excellent early opportunity for the Sooners to see how 5 new players (freshman and 1 transfer) fit into the team for 2022-23.

Here is a breakdown of the roster:

Guards:

K Washington 5"6" SOPH - 6.7 PPG, 2.2 Reb
N Tot 5'2" JR - 6.3 PPG, 3.0 Reb
A Joens 5'8" JR - 6.2 PPG, 4.7 Reb (XFER from Iowa State)
K Perkins 6'0" SOPH - 2.6 PPG, 1.0 Reb
K Cooper 5'8" FR
R Scott 5'9" FR

Forwards:

M Williams 5'11" 5-SR - 18.0 PPG, 7.5 Reb
A Llanusa 5'11" 6-SR - 17.3 PPG, 4.1 Reb
T Robertson 5'11" 5-SR - 17.2 PPG, 4.7 Reb
S Vann 5'11" JR - 11.8 PPG, 5.8 Reb
K Tucker 5'10" SR - 5.0 PPG, 2.0 Reb
J Moser 6'1" SR - 0.0 PPG, 0.0 Reb
K Johnson 6'4" FR

Centers:

L Scott 6'2" SR - 6.6 PPG, 4.0 Reb
E Svoboda 6'3" SOPH - 2.3 PPG, 1.9 Reb
B Culliton 6'3" FR
With the trio of Llanusa, Williams and Robertson coming back for their 'extra' year, the Sooners look to be very good in the 2022-23 season and should be able to build upon their 2022 NCAA Tourney resume. I am excited to see how the incoming freshman fit into the Sooners to add a potential starter and some needed depth to the team. I think Culliton at Center could start from Day 1. I think that Johnson with her 6'4" length on at Forward could be a new wrinkle for the Sooners also. At Guard, the two new freshman, Cooper and Scott add needed depth for the Sooners. New transfer Aubrey Joens will also add depth at the guard position and adds a 3-point shooter also.

Significant depth will be provided by Liz Scott, Vann and Tucker. I am personally interested to see how Perkins and Svoboda, both sophomores, have improved since last season. Svoboda early looked like a player that cold help the Sooners as a freshman. Experience eventually lead to Scott and Lampkin playing most of the Center minutes. Perkins can defiantly shoot the ball beyond the 3-point line but needs to improve her defense and speed perhaps. But she is a player that can shoot the ball.

The Sooners can literally go 13 or 14 deep with players that can help the team to wins. With a running philosophy, depth makes the team even better. Perhaps with Culliton inside to help out, the interior defense can improve as well. But with Llanusa back fully healed, the defense gets better anyway.

I am looking forward to more details about the trip and the three games. Hopefully we get to see or follow the games live.

Boomer Sooner!
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

Prayers for Ana - May she have an injury-free season.