Alliance and PGF 2022 All-Star High School All-Star Games

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

Alliance and PGF 2022 All-Star High School All-Star Games

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The Alliance Fastpitch 2022 All-Star Game will be held in Kokomo, IN this Sunday, July 24th at 6:00 PM. The Oklahoma Sooners will have two recruits from their 2022 Class of recruits that will play in the game. Playing for the National Team will be Avery Hodge, (SS, 2B, OF) of the Texas Bombers Gold 18U team. She will be wearing #82. Also playing for the Nationals Team will be Jocelyn Erickson (C/1B/OF) of the OC Batbusters-Stith. The game will be on ESPNU at 6 PM CST.

in a note of interest, the other two Class of 2022 recruits, Kiersten Deal (LHP-Mojo Fisher) and SJ Geurin (LHP-Texas Bombers Gold 18U) were selected to one of the eight regional teams but will not be playing in the All-Stat Game.

The PGF 2022 All-Star Game will be held at the Danny Manning Field in Irvine, CA on July 30th, There will be a Futures Game will be at 4 PM and will feature the Class of 2023 All-Stars against the Class of 2024 All-Stars. Then there will be the Seniors Game at 7 PM which features the East and West All-Star Teams from the Class of 2022. The Oklahoma Sooners will have one recruit in each game that will be participating. In the Futures game, Kasidi Pickering - 2023 (OF) of the Hotshots Nationals will represent Oklahoma. In the Seniors Game, Kiersten Deal - 2022 (LHP-Mojo Fisher) will be representing Oklahoma. From what I see, the All-Star Game will be televised on ESPNU at 6 PM CST. I think that means it is tape delayed one hour.

Both games will provide a glimpse of future Sooners playing in a high level softball game. I already have both games set to record just in case I forget about the games.

Boomer Sooner!

(I think it is a little surprising that both Hodge and Erickson have OF listed as positions. I have not seen that before for either of them. Versatility is an important aspect for Sooner recruits. If both are outfield-capable, that should help them in their Sooner careers.)
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:40 pm (I think it is a little surprising that both Hodge and Erickson have OF listed as positions. I have not seen that before for either of them. Versatility is an important aspect for Sooner recruits. If both are outfield-capable, that should help them in their Sooner careers.)
If Erickson can play in the outfield, it really could help her get playing time. Previously I thought that she could mostly just play at 1st base or be the DP. Despite having a roster that is on the lean side, 1st and DP have a bunch of players that can play that position(s) - Sanders, Haley Lee, Grace Green, Sophia Nugent, Erickson

Based on the stats that @OUBeliever56A has posted that Erickson is putting up in summer ball, I don't see how they won't be able find a place for her in the lineup. Who knows maybe Hayley Lee and Sanders might not be starters. I would be kinda shocked if Erickson was a starter next year but it hope that she plays 50% of the innings. If she can put up numbers in fall ball like she has this summer, she could be a 4 year starter.
::rice2:: :dude:
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Alert - The Alliance All-Star Game on Sunday night the 24th must have changed to a 6 PM game per my TV Guide.
ousbfan

Post by ousbfan »

I started watching this to see what it was about concerning the PGF all star game, and ended up watching the whole thing. Beyond the all star game it goes into the futures game with discussions about the 23 and 24 players. From what I understood there's an all star game and a futures game in July and August. Extra Inning Softball writer is in the discussion also.

inconnu

Post by inconnu »

ousbfan wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:21 pm I started watching this to see what it was about concerning the PGF all star game, and ended up watching the whole thing. Beyond the all star game it goes into the futures game with discussions about the 23 and 24 players. From what I understood there's an all star game and a futures game in July and August. Extra Inning Softball writer is in the discussion also.

I watched the whole video too. VERY well done, I thought. Lots of info, and all three studio hosts knew their stuff and were very articulate. Looks like tx and ar are making great Stride$ in recruiting. I think this show was made before Trish Ford bolted ASU for aTm. ::rice2:: :hornsburning: :osu:
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:54 am Alert - The Alliance All-Star Game on Sunday night the 24th must have changed to a 6 PM game per my TV Guide.
'56....someone on another board says that Plank is calling the game tonight--along with Mendes on ESPNU. Thought you'd like to know....
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TropicalSooner wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:41 am
OUBeliever56A wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:54 am Alert - The Alliance All-Star Game on Sunday night the 24th must have changed to a 6 PM game per my TV Guide.
'56....someone on another board says that Plank is calling the game tonight--along with Mendes on ESPNU. Thought you'd like to know....
That will be very neat.....I will be watching.
ousbfan

Post by ousbfan »

How did the AFCS all star game turn out Sunday night? I got to only watch the 1st inning and couldn't find the score this am. Hodge isn't as tall as i thought she was and really didn't recognize her or Erickson from the photos I've seen. I suppose maybe the batting helment makes a lot of difference. Be interesting to see the game box score but can't find anything.
Last edited by ousbfan on Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here are my thoughts about the Alliance All-Star Game last night. They were probably lucky to get the game in with the weather (off and on rain) during the evening. I thought Plank and Mendes did a decent job during the game but at times, talked more about stories and themes than the game action. I guess in an All-Star game format that is warranted. But I am glad I knew most of the players and did not rely on the broadcast to help me.

For the American Team:
  • The player of the game was Alexis Ramirez, LH Catcher, that is going to UCLA this fall. She hit a 2 run HR in the light rain and had a single in another at bat. I think she had 3 RBIs. I will say that I watched the Batbusters when they were in Norman area about a month ago and she played well then also. I did not see HR power from her but she was good behind the plate and had some hits.
  • NiJaree Canady, a RHP going to Stanford, really pitched well in the first two innings for the American squad. She gave up one single and had I think 5 Ks. She should help Stanford in the circle.
  • Mihyia Davis, a Texas Bombers player, impressed me during the Norman tournament also. In the All-Star game she was on base twice, I think both times by hits and made a nice catch in CF. She is going to Louisiana. I think she is a player. While she is a slapper from the left side, she adds more than that when she hits. Davis is a 5-tool player. If she manages to not get caught up in the big recruiting classes and the multiple transfers into Louisiana she could really help Louisiana.
  • Leighann Goode, is a SS/2B that is going to Texas. he also plays for the Texas Bombers. She had the other RBI on a solid single to CF. I watched the Bombers in 4 or 5 games also in the Norman Tourney. I was not impressed with Goode. Her and Avery Hodge rotate between SS/2B every inning for them. Goode can hit but I do not see her plying anything but 2B in Texas. She will not be flashy at 2B, but she makes some plays but ends up on the ground way too much to be above average on defense. she would hit in the bottom of the lineup.
  • Hayden Sokoloski, is an OSU player that played 1B last night. She had one hit last night and stole a base which surprised me.
  • The two Sooner recruits, Jocelyn Erickson, LH Catcher, 1B, and Avery Hodge, SS, 2B, OF, Both started the game. Erickson was 1 for 2 with a single up the middle and a strikeout on a nasty pitch inside. Hodge was 0 for 2 with a fly out to LF and a ground out back to P. Erickson looked good behind the plate catching Canady. Hodge was not involved in any plays on defense. I will make this comment. Erickson did have a K last night. that was the first strikeout I saw for her including the 5 games I watched for the Batbusters in Norman. She put the ball in play every at bat of she walked. I am not worried about the K I saw last night. A for Hodge, she almost had an EBH on her fly out to LF. The National LF, Kyra Chan (Stanford) made a nice running catch on the slap ball down the LF line. If she did not make the catch, Hodge was off for the races.
  • A big reason for the OC Batbusters success is Ramirez and Erickson behind the plate and playing 1B and DP. They hit the ball very well and defensively are very good.
For the National Team:
  • Sydney Berzon, RHP going to LSU, looked pretty good last night. She has some talent I thought.
  • Kyra Chan, mentioned above, made two nice defensive plays last night. The one against Hodge and one in RF later in the game on a line drive hit to her right. She is good defensively with some speed.
  • Sydney Somerndike, RHP going to Arizona, looked pretty good last night even with her pitching one inning in the rain. She has good command of her pitches and can throw hard as she showed that in the dry inning she pitched.
  • Two highly ranked recruits for UCLA, Megan Grant and Jordan Woolery, played SS and 3B last night. Both young ladies are not in the speed, slap-hitter mold of recent UCLA players. Both young ladies are look like they are 5'10" to 6'0"-ish and have strong looking arms and shoulders. Grant had a single up the middle. They both look like OU-influenced recruits that UCLA has picked up. Alexis Ramirez is somewhat that way, but she is 5'5"-ish. I think UCLA has started to look for power and it shows in these three players, especially Grant and Woolery.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Alliance National Championships:

The first two days of Bracket Play in Indiana were Monday the 25th and Tuesday the 26th. The three teams that I am watching scores from are the OC Batbusters, the Texas Bombers Gold and the Firecrackers Brashear 18U teams. As you know, if you have been following the Sooners have 3 committed players (Erickson/Parker/Bland) on the Batbusters and 2 players (Hodge/Geurin) on the Bombers and one Oklahoma recruit (McEnroe-Marinas) plays for the Firecrackers Brashear 18U team.

All three teams played two total games on Monday and Tuesday. Here is a recap of the three teams.

#4 Ranked OC Batbusters:
25th - Won 13-1 over the Ohio Hawks National team. In the game LF Ella Parker went 3 for 4 with two runs and an RBI with C/1B Jocelyn Erickson having a 1 for 3 day with a run and three RBIs.
26th - Won over the Conklin Raiders 21-1.

#1 Ranked Texas Bombers Gold:
25th - The Bombers won 4-0 over the Tri-State Thunder Gold.
26th - The Bombers won 14-0 over the Corona Angels. In the game SS Avery Hodge went 3 for 5 with an RBI.

#11 Ranked Firecrackers Brashear 18U:
25th - The Firecrackers defeated Florida Impact Friedman 18U 8-0.
26th - The Firecrackers won 3-0 over Power Surge Walling 18U Gold.
All three teams will play two games on Wednesday the 27th in the Super Regional Brackets.

The OC Batbusters (2-0) play Texas Glory Naudin (2-1). They will play a second game with the the winners or losers of the other side of the bracket playing each other.
The Texas Bombers (2-0) play 18U Corona Angles-Howard (2-1). They will play a second game with the the winners or losers of the other side of the bracket playing each other.
The Firecrackers Brashear 18U (2-0) play Prolific FastPitch 18U-Vaughn (2-1). They will play a second game with the the winners or losers of the other side of the bracket playing each other.

PGF National Tournament:

The Pool Play-In games were held over the weekend. With the tournament seeding set by the pool game results, The bracket play in the PGF National tournament in California had the 18U teams playing on Monday the 25th with a day off on the 26th. The two teams I am watching are the MOJO Fisher and the Hotshots Nationals Nelson teams. Both teams have one Oklahoma Recruit playing for them. For MOJO Fisher (Deal) and for the Hotshots (Pickering).

Both teams played through their Pool Games with MOJO Fisher going 3-1 and the Hotshots going 2-1-1. MOJO Fisher outscored their pool game opponents by the score of 18-8 in winning their pool group. The Hotshots total scores were 11-12 as they took second place in their pool group.

Bracket Games on the 25th:
MOJO Fisher lost 4-2 to the NW Bullets.

Hotshots National Nelson won 11-0 over PA Strikers Nationals.

The Hotshots (3-1-1) play on Wednesday the 27th at 5 PM PST against the Jersey Intensity - KOD in their only game of the day.

MOJO Fisher (4-2) plays on Wednesday at 12:30 PST against the WA Lady Hawks. MOJO has to win in order to advance and play on Thursday.

The games on Wednesday will be streamed on FloSoftball and I am going to try to watch them later today.

I will report on the Alliance Results and the PGF results tomorrow.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here are the results from Wednesday's action at the Alliance and the PGF Championships.

Alliance:

The OC Batbusters defeated Texas* Glory Naudin by a lopsided score of 14-0. Their next game was against Fury Platinum X Higdon and they once again ran up the score to win by a score of 11-0.
From EIS: #8 OC Batbusters-Stith defeated Texas Glory Naudin, 14-0, and #41 Fury Platinum X-Higdon, 11-0, in winner’s bracket games. Oklahoma-bound C Jocelyn Erickson went 3 for 4 with a run and five RBIs against Texas Glory Naudin. Arizona-committed 2023 P Ryan Maddox pitched a one-hitter with eight strikeouts, Oklahoma-committed 2023 LF Ella Parker went 2 for 4 with two runs and three RBIs, Erickson went 3 for 3 with three runs and an RBI and Arizona-committed 2023 MIF/OF Regan Shockey went 2 for 3 with two RBIs against Fury Platinum X-Higdon. …
The Texas* Bombers defeated the 18U Corona Angles-Howard (2-1) by a score of 8-1. their next game was against the Wichita Mustangs and they won a close game 5-4.
From EIS: #5 Texas Bombers Gold-Smith picked up winner's bracket victories over 18U Corona Angels-Howard 8-1, and Wichita Mustangs-Griggs, 5-4. Texas-committed 2023 OF Kayden Henry went 3 for 3 with five RBIs and Louisiana Lafayette-bound OF Mihyia Davis went 3 for 3 with three runs against Virginia Glory. Henry went 3 for 3 and Davis went 2 for 3 with three RBIs against the Wichita Mustangs. …

The Firecrackers Brashear 18U by a score of 2-1 over Prolific FastPitch 18U-Vaughn. Their next game was also a 1-run game as they defeated Aces FastPitch 18U 4-3.
From EIS: #7 Firecrackers Brashear defeated #73 Prolific Fastpitch-Vaughn, 3-2, in ITB and #21 Aces Fastpitch Club, 4-3, in the winner’s bracket. 2022 IF/UT Carys Murakami delivered a walk-off single in the bottom of the eighth against Prolific Fastpitch and Cal State Fullerton-bound 3B/C Alexia Lopez came through with the go-ahead single in the top of the seventh against Aces Fastpitch Club. …

With all three teams being 4-0 in bracket play and they will wait to play a team from the Loser's Bracket today in the Super Regional Finals. Each team must win 1 of 2 possible games to advance to the Semi-Final 8-Team Bracket. The Bombers play at 11:15 AM EST. The OC Batbusters and the Firecrackers Brashear play at 1:30 PM EST in their first game of two possible games today.

PGF:

MOJO Fisher played their single game on Wednesday against the WA Lady Hawks. They won their game 4-1. I was able to watch the game on FloSoftball. Kristen Fleet pitched the entire game for MOJO.

MOJO's schedule today includes three possible games if they keep advancing through the Loser's Bracket. Their first game is against the Batbusters Chicago JP @ 8 AM PST. With a win they will play @ 10:15 AM PST. If they win that game they will play their 3rd and final game on Thursday at 2:45 PM PST. I think it is possible that Kiersten Deal start the 1st and 3rd games today for MOJO.

The Hotshots played their single game against the Jersey Intensity - KOD and won the game easily by the score of 15-1. The Hotshots have won their 2 bracket games by the total score of 26-1. I did try to watch the game, but only got to watch the last two innings. I could see the score, but had trouble getting to the video of the game earlier. I did not get to see Pickering play much as I think they were playing substitutes late in the game. But I did see her score a run after re-entering the game for a pinch-hitter. The Hotshots play the undefeated NW Bullets today at 12:30 PM PST. The Bullets have one their two games by a total score of 14-2. The Bullets defeated MOJO Fisher 4-2 on Monday.

If the Hotshots win against the Bullets they play at 5:00 PM PST. If they happen to lose to the Bullets, They play at 2:45 PM PST in the Loser's Bracket. In a twist of interesting fate to me, They could play MOJO Fisher in that game with the loser being eliminated from the tourney.

Good Luck to all 5 teams today.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Thank you '56 for your continuing remarks and coverage of our committed and signed recruits as they work their way through their summer travel ball schedule and playoffs.
I have enjoyed following our current players as they work on their skills down in Florida in the summer FGCL and I appreciate your following and reporting on our recruits and other top players during their summer season.
I am a bit sad, I guess, about losing out to Ryan Maddox who committed to Arizona after waiting to see where Ella Parker was going--(choosing OU over UCLA)...and now Ella appears to have switched her focus more toward the OF and DP and away from Pitching. Ironic I guess....but still a bit of a head scratcher and a little sad.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TropicalSooner wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:10 am Thank you '56 for your continuing remarks and coverage of our committed and signed recruits as they work their way through their summer travel ball schedule and playoffs.
I have enjoyed following our current players as they work on their skills down in Florida in the summer FGCL and I appreciate your following and reporting on our recruits and other top players during their summer season.
I am a bit sad, I guess, about losing out to Ryan Maddox who committed to Arizona after waiting to see where Ella Parker was going--(choosing OU over UCLA)...and now Ella appears to have switched her focus more toward the OF and DP and away from Pitching. Ironic I guess....but still a bit of a head scratcher and a little sad.
Let me add this. Ryan Maddox is effective as an off-speed location type pitcher. While she is very good at this level, I really wonder if she can be effective against a good hitting club for 5 or 6 innings. Good hitting teams will catch up to her eventually. But I feel that Erickson and Ramirez do a great job of calling most pitches plus Stith does a great job as well. The Batbusters usually provide her a big lead and she pitchers with not too much pressure. With Bahl, Deal, May and Geurin I think we are okay going forward and we still have a 2023 class and 2024 recruiting class to draw from to replace Ella Parker. And maybe she still pitches at OU.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Thanks for the additional info. Not to worry--in Patty we trust.
Went back over the last few years, and although I'm new to following the Softball team, it seems like Patty has always taken at least one pitcher with each freshman class. McAdoo back in '19 (along with some that transferred out), May in '20, Bahl and Guthrie in '21, now Deal and Geurin in the fall of '22. Next year in '23 would have been Parker--but if she goes to the OF...then that will be the first class in a long time to come in without a dedicated pitcher. And yes, I'm sure Parker could still pitch if asked to....but if she's not doing it full time, how effective would she be? Maybe with the portal, it doesn't matter as much any more.....I just thought it was a bit odd.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Thursday's Action at both the Alliance and the PGF National Championships were long days for the teams. Here is a short recap.

Alliance action on Thursday:

All three of the Sooner influenced teams advanced through the day to final 16 teams. The play is now down to two 8 team brackets with the winner of each bracket facing off in the finals. It looks like to me that they will play down to the final two in each bracket on Friday and Saturday. Then the final four teams will complete play on Sunday.
  • The OC Batbusters Stith won their lone game yesterday 3-2 over Fury Platinum X - Higdon. The Batbusters re 4-0 in the tourney.

From EIS: Oklahoma-bound C Jocelyn Erickson drove in all three runs with a triple and a ground ball in the ITB and Arizona-committed 2023 P Ryan Maddox pulled out the win as #8 OC Batbusters-Stith defeated #41 Fury Platinum X-Higdon, 4-2, to capture Super Regional #3. …
  • The Texas Bombers Gold also won their only game of the day as they defeated Wichita Mustangs for the second time in two days. On Thursday the Bombers won 5-3.

From EIS: 2023 MIF/3B Reagan Jones went 2 for 3 with a double, a run and an RBI, Louisiana Lafayette-bound OF Mihyia Davis went 1 for 2 with a run, Texas-committed 2023 OF Kayden Henry went 1 for 3 with a run and Oklahoma-bound LHP SJ Geurin allowed five hits, one earned run and struck out five in seven innings as #5 Texas Bombers Gold-Smith beat #52 Wichita Mustangs-Griggs, 4-2, to win Super Regional #2. …
My comment - As I said previously, Mihyia Davis for the Bombers is a standout player. Reagan Jones is another player I thought was very good while they were in Norman. I have jones as Texas A&M commit, but I have seen her listed as uncommitted this week. She is a great 2023 prospect for OU if she is uncommitted. It is great to see Geurin standout at this level of play.
  • The Firecrackers Brashear 18U needed to two games to advance out of the Super Regionals. The Firecrackers lost to Aces Fastpitch 4-0 to open the day. In the "IF" game, the Firecrackers rebounded to win 3-2 over the Aces to advance.

From EIS: #7 Firecrackers Brashear lost to #21 Aces Fastpitch Club, 4-0, and won the second game, 3-2, to capture Super Regional #5. Cal Baptist-bound 1B/3B/OF Ashlee Annett went 1 for 3 with the game-tying RBI, Baylor-bound 1B/3B Bethany Spurr went 1 for 3 with the go-ahead home run and 2022 P Keira Buchar pitched the final 6.1 innings, allowed two run on five hits with five strikeouts in the second game against the Aces. …
Action on Friday:

- The OC Batbusters (5-0) open play on Friday against Williamsburg Stars Gold Bunn (6-1). They play at 9 AM EST.
- The Texas Bombers Gold (5-0) opens play against Louisville Lady Sluggers - Huecker (5-0). They play at 11:15 AM EST.
- The Firecrackers Brashear 18U (5-1) opens play against Firecrackers Rico (6-1). They play at 11:15 AM EST.

All three teams will play one more game on Friday in either the winners half or the losers half of the 8 team bracket. The Bombers and the Batbusters are in the same half of the 8-team bracket.

PGF Action on Thursday:

The Hotshots Nationals Nelson team (2-0 in bracket and 3-1 in pool play) opened play against the NW Bullets. After scoring 24 runs in the first two brackets games, the Hotshots bats fell silent as they lost 2-0 to the Bullets. The big moment in the game was in the 5th inning. With one out in the bottom of the inning, The Hotshots changed pitchers. The next two batters for the Bullets drew a walk and then hit a 2-run HR to CF. On the HR, Pickering (OU 2023 commit) took a significant tumble over the temporary fence as she tried to catch the ball that was easily over the fence. Pickering never gave up on catching the ball. Pickering was okay and stayed in the game. In the game Pickering was 0 for 2 with a ground out to SS, a walk and K.

Their next game was against MOJO Fisher. The final score of the game was 3-1 with MOJO Fisher winning. I have watched 2 innings of the game and plan to watched the remainder of the game today. In the 2 innings I saw, Kiersten Deal was pretty good. She struck out 3 Hotshots around a bunt single in the top of the first inning. In the top of the second inning, the Hotshots scored one run after 2 walks and a single before Deal got the third out of the inning with another K. MOJO Fisher took the lead in the bottom of the 2nd with a 2 run HR to lead 2-1.

The loss for the Hotshots eliminated them from the tourney.

From EIS: Kierston Deal, the lefty pitcher headed to Oklahoma and the No. 1 ranked player in the 2022 Extra Elite 100, was another standout who shines although her team didn’t advance to Friday’s action. The Tennessee-Mojo pitcher came up big in the 3-1 win over the powerful Hotshots – Nelson team as she went the complete seven innings and struck out seven while giving up just one earned run on six hits and seven strikeouts.

In other action on Thursday, MOJO Fisher in the losers brackets faced a long day. they played Batbusters Chicago JP at 8 am PST in the morning. MOJO won the game 10-2 with a strong offense. Cato and Fleet pitched for MOJO.

In the 10:15 AM PST game, MOJO faced PA Chaos. Fleet was in the circle for MOJO. With MOJO leading 1-0 in the top of the 4th with 2 outs and a runner on first base, Deal was brought in to pitch. She struck out the hitter. She remained in the game in the 5th and recorded 2 more Ks before giving way to Fleet to finish the inning. MOJO upped their lead to 5-0 in the bottom of the 5th. Deal re-entered the game to record 3 Ks in the top of the 6th. MOJO won 6-0 as time expired in the bottom of the 6th.

MOJO then played the Hotshots in the 2:45 PM PST game which ended in 3-1 and was mentioned above.

With three wins and a 4-1 bracket record MOJO faced the Lady Dukes in the 7:15 game. MOJO started Fleet in the circle. The Dukes scored one run in the bottom of the first inning. In the bottom of the second, the Dukes reached first on an error on a bunt. The next hitter singled to place runners on 1st and 3rd. MOJO decided to bring in Deal to pitch. On the first pitch, the runner on 1B stole second. Deal struck out the first batter and then got her second hitter to pop out to the SS. On a 2-2 pitch, Deal tried to go up and in on a LH batter and the pitch covered too much of the plate and was not up enough. The Dukes hitter pulled the ball sharply down the line for a 3-run HR. Deal allowed another single before she got the 3rd out of the inning on a ground ball back to herself. The final score of the game was 6-1 which eliminated MOJO Fisher from the tourney. I only watched the two innings in this game also. It was late, I will watch the rest of the game today.

My Comment: I have watched Deal pitch quite a bit in Norman and in 3 games on FloSoftball. The pitch that was hit for the 3-run HR, was not a bad pitch, but it was not a good pitch either. It is the only ball that I have seen hit hard off of Deal. Especially hit pulled and hit hard. Deal missed with her pitch by a couple of inches, either in or up.

Both Sooner commits, Pickering for the Hotshots and Deal for MOJO Fisher will play in PGF All-Star Games on Saturday. The Futures game (with Pickering) begins at 6 PM CST on ESPNU. The Senior All-Star Game (with Deal) begins at 9 PM CST on ESPN2. The PGF National Championship game is earlier in the day at 3 PM CST on ESPNU.