Alliance and PGF 2022 All-Star High School All-Star Games

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Bottom post of the previous page:

The Batbusters won the first game 9-7 over the Bombers. Erickson went 3-4 with a RBI double and a 2-run HR.

There is an awful lot of talent on the field in these games.

For the Bombers:

Davis (ULL) and Henry (Texas) for the Bombers are great OFs. Jones (A&M I think), Hodge (OU) and Goode (Texas) are very good infielders.

SJ Geurin (OU), Warncke (Baylor 23), are pretty good pitchers also.

For the Batbusters:

Parker and Erickson lead the way as OU recruits but they have several players that are just very steady and very good. Davidson (UTAH), Ramirez (UCLA), Agbayani BYU and Shumaker (OF) are underrated I think. Ryan Maddox (ZONA) is their Primary pitcher and Villegas (LHP) usually gets the job done.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Erickson crushed a bomb in the final game. So did Shumaker. Has she committed anywhere yet?
Ramirez is going to do great things for UCLA.
Enjoyed watching Erickson catch Maddox. Erickson comes out from behind the plate so quick! I can see how she can pick off a baserunner at 1st.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Alliance National Championship Finals - OC Batbusters-Stith vs Texas Bombers Gold 18U

There were plans to play 3 games on Sunday if needed, but the Batbusters decided playing playing 3 games on Saturday was enough and they swept the Bombers in 2 straight games on Sunday. It looked like to me that both team's pitching staffs for both teams were not at full strength after the volume of games they played in the past week. I think that is why the scoring was plentiful in the 2 games. Earlier in the tournament the Texas Bombers had defeated the Batbusters 13-1.

Yesterday in the first game the Batbusters took an early lead before the Bombers battled to make it very close. The Batbusters prevailed 9-7.

Hitting leaders for the Batbusters in the first game were Jocelyn Erickson (OU) with a 3 for 4 game with 2 RS and 3RBIs. She had a HR and a Double. Taylor Shumaker (Class of 2024) was 3 for 4 with 3 RS and 1 RBI. Alexis Ramirez (UCLA) added a 2 for 3 day with Abby Dayton (Utah) having a 3 for 3 day with 2 RS. In the circle, Ailana Agbayani (BYU) stepped from SS to pitch and she shut down the Bombers in the 5th and pitched 1.2 innings of softball before Ryan Maddux (Arizona) pitched a scoreless the to secure the win.

For the Bombers, Destiny Rodriguez (UCLA) was 2 for 2 with 2 RS and 3RBIs and Leighann Goode was 2 for 2 with 1 RS. In the circle, SJ Geurin (OU) pitched the first inning and allowed 3 runs on 2 hits and 2 walks.

in the second game, the Batbusters got started early and never looked back as they won 10-2 in 5 innings. Once again the top of the Batbusters lineup had a good day. Ramirez was 3 for 3 with 1 RS and 4 RBIs with a HR. Erickson was 2 for 2 with 1 RS and 3 RBI with a HR. Regan Shockey (Arizona) was 2 for 3 with 3 RS. Shumaker also 1 for 2 with a walk and 2 RS and 1 RBI. In the circle, Ryan Maddux pitched well and pitched all five innings giving up only 2 runs on 3 hits including 1 HR.

For the Bombers the three hits were by Avery Hodge (OU), Mihyia Davis (ULL) and Kayden Henry (Texas). Henry had a double and an RBI. Reagan Jones (A&M) added the other RBI.

During the broadcast of the game the announcers provided these stats for Jocelyn Erickson. During the Alliance Tourney she had 33 RBIs in 38 at bats. I think she hat at least 4 HRs in the 10 games played by the Batbusters. I think she was hitting well above .400 as well.

The Oklahoma Sooners recruiting class of Erickson, Deal, Hodge and Geurin from the 2022 Class has a great deal of talent. All four players play for a top notch Summer Program and have been exposed to the very best teams in the country. I strongly believe that Erickson and Deal will have immediate impacts as freshman with the Sooners. Due to the great depth on the Sooner Roster in 2022-23, their impact may not be as great as once thought, but they will make a mark for themselves. Both Hodge and Geurin will assert themselves as they prepare for bigger roles after their freshman seasons. But both players are very talented.

Boomer Sooner!