Haley Lee Article

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TropicalSooner

Haley Lee Article

Post by TropicalSooner »

Nice article on Haley Lee.

https://www.softballamerica.com/stories ... -oklahoma/

Apparently "Coach Gasso pitched Oklahoma as a place Lee would have to earn a spot at. Despite her accolades, Aggies record and career .467 OBP, among other notable statistics, Lee knew she couldn’t walk in and demand a starting spot amongst a lineup full of top players."
She says "I'm there to work. I'm there to grind"
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

This is how it should be....every job is open.....
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

If Lee, Torres, Sanders and Storako all have similar approaches and attitudes. Get better every day and be willing to work every day. A championship ring is well within their reach with the returning players and new recruits coming to Norman in the next week or so. Chemistry is very important to a team. I think this year, that chemistry and the 'one for all and all for one" comradery could be as important as it ever has been for the Sooners. The 2022-2023 roster for the Oklahoma Sooners is probably the best roster from top to bottom that they have ever had. The expectations for Coach Gasso's team is as high as they can possibly be.

Replacing the leadership that exiting players like Elam, Alo and perhaps Trautwein exhibited will be a huge key for the Sooners. I believe Lyons, Green and perhaps Hansen, Lee and Storako have to be on their game from a leadership point-of-view from day one. This team will start to be built from Day 1 without a ball being hit or a ball being fielded. Their desire to be part of something very special regardless of their role will be key, every day, every practice and every game.

Boomer Sooner!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:47 am If Lee, Torres, Sanders and Storako all have similar approaches and attitudes. Get better every day and be willing to work every day. A championship ring is well within their reach with the returning players and new recruits coming to Norman in the next week or so. Chemistry is very important to a team. I think this year, that chemistry and the 'one for all and all for one" comradery could be as important as it ever has been for the Sooners. The 2022-2023 roster for the Oklahoma Sooners is probably the best roster from top to bottom that they have ever had. The expectations for Coach Gasso's team is as high as they can possibly be.

Replacing the leadership that exiting players like Elam, Alo and perhaps Trautwein exhibited will be a huge key for the Sooners. I believe Lyons, Green and perhaps Hansen, Lee and Storako have to be on their game from a leadership point-of-view from day one. This team will start to be built from Day 1 without a ball being hit or a ball being fielded. Their desire to be part of something very special regardless of their role will be key, every day, every practice and every game.

Boomer Sooner!
Totally agree. Chemistry can either make or break a team. It will be exciting to see how this team's identity unfolds. This year's team will not be last year's team. We'll have new leadership---although the new leaders will have had many years of bonding and learning the roles of being a leader. I'm really eager to watch our '23 version of the Sooners take the field. Fall Ball can't get here soon enough!
aka Crimson47