2024 softball recruits

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
Apoc70

Post by Apoc70 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I couldn't find Kadey McKay in the 2024 EIS rankings. I found Ti'are Ho-Ching, Maddie Hartley, and Kelsey Mathis tied at 18th. Regardless, I don't think Patty would recruit anyone she didn't think could play at an elite level.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Apoc70 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:30 pm I couldn't find Kadey McKay in the 2024 EIS rankings. I found Ti'are Ho-Ching, Maddie Hartley, and Kelsey Mathis tied at 18th. Regardless, I don't think Patty would recruit anyone she didn't think could play at an elite level.
Kadey Lee McKay IS there in the EIS 2022 rankings that have been released during the last couple weeks. As I said above, I believe it is the first time she has been ranked by EIS. I predict she will rise in the rankings in 2023 and 2024 prior to her arriving at OU.
Apoc70

Post by Apoc70 »

Ok, I found Kadey McKay on the EIS website.

For those that want to find her on EIS.
Hover over - News
Click on - Extra Elite 100
Scroll down and click on - Closing in on the Top! The 2024 Extra Elite 100 Player Rankings Hit #’s 20-11 (Sept. 9, 2022)
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Apoc70 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:30 pm I couldn't find Kadey McKay in the 2024 EIS rankings. I found Ti'are Ho-Ching, Maddie Hartley, and Kelsey Mathis tied at 18th. Regardless, I don't think Patty would recruit anyone she didn't think could play at an elite level.
Apoc70, I see this was your first post on SoonerTimes. Welcome to the board. This is a great place to share OU Softball news and thoughts. We have many posters that are very knowledgeable and enjoy sharing ideas about our team. Looking forward to your posts---and hope you enjoy posting here on SoonerTimes.
Welcome!
aka Crimson47
Apoc70

Post by Apoc70 »

Thanks, TropicalSooner.
I think I've had a brief post here before. Maybe that was on 247. Not sure.
I usually just read the post, but I'll try to be more active.

I've followed OU softball since Keilani Ricketts was playing. Softball has become my second favorite sport, right behind football. I love following recruiting and watching as the girls develop into better players.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Apoc70 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:05 pm Thanks, TropicalSooner.
I think I've had a brief post here before. Maybe that was on 247. Not sure.
I usually just read the post, but I'll try to be more active.

I've followed OU softball since Keilani Ricketts was playing. Softball has become my second favorite sport, right behind football. I love following recruiting and watching as the girls develop into better players.
Post as little or as much as you like--always welcome. I just hung around and read the board only for a year or so before I signed up.
I'm the newcomer here. I discovered the Softball team with the 2019 group. I've always been a die-hard football fan forever, but the last couple of years have left me so disillusioned and upset (with the previous regime) that I just had to switch my energy and emotional involvement over to the Softball team, and I'm truly glad I did. I do have high hopes for the new leadership under BV for the Football team. We shall see.
Anyway, I'm the new guy here and follow the team on a few other sites as well, but I am really excited for the coming season. Even Fall Ball.
Boomer!
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Sept 25, 2022 Update:

Players mentioned above.
- Jaden Heavener, LHP - #5 SA, T-#2 EIS - Committed to LSU.
- Jada Villegas, LHP - OC Batbusters - She is uncommitted at this time. I think with Lowry committing to the Sooners that she is probably looking elsewhere.
- Sofia Mujica, C/INF - She is uncommitted at this time. The Sooners may still be interested in Mujica but with Hicks committing to the Sooners, Mujica is less likely to chose OU.
- Ella McDowell, MIF/C - #23 SA, T-#3 EIS - She is uncommitted at this time. As a middle infielder, McDowell has some value to the Sooners but the committment from McKay (Caddo, OK) may lessen the need for a C/MIF in this class for the Sooners.

- Corri Hicks C/1B/3B 2024 Sorcerer 18U Gold Gables/Rodriguez - Sooner Commit
This is what EIS said about her. Hicks is in the Top 29 players in the country with her EIS ranking of T-7. She was not in the SA Top 50 last month. This is the 2nd top playing committment for the Sooner 2024 Class.

T-7—Corri Hicks, C, Sorcerer 18U – Gabales/Rodriguez
It’s not every day that one of the youngest players on an elite 18U team is also one of the best but that’s the case with Corri whom Coach Rodriguez calls “as special as they come, and is easily one of the top 2024s in the nation.” Just this weekend, she took an official campus visit to Oklahoma. On the field, the 5-foot-9 backstop can change the momentum of a game with one swing, while defensively commanding the game from behind the plate. Per her Sorcerer coaches, Corri does not shy away from the pressure of the moment, or the responsibility that comes with being a team leader. Offensively, she hits for power, and can also go gap to gap. Adds one coach: “There is a reason Corri is the highest recruited athlete in the Sorcerer org, because the sky is the limit. The college that signs her will be getting a kid that can step in and contribute right away.” She was an All-State (Underclass) selection by Cal-Hi Sports after hitting .408 with 13 home runs and 34 RBIs for Arch Bishop Mitty (San Jose, Calif.) High and at the club side helped Sorcerers finish 3rd at TC Nationals in the Gold Bracket and 13th at PGF Premier Nationals.

- Morgan Reimer RHP/SS/1B 2024 EI Ranked #3 overall #1 Pitcher GA Impact - Reimer is the #8 player by SA and the T-#3 by EIS. Reimer would give the Sooners a top RHP and a top LHP in this class. With Bahl (RHP-JR), Deal (LHP- SOPH), Geurin (LHP-SOPH) and Lowry (LHP-FR) in the circle the Sooners may need another arm. We will see if this works out for Oklahoma.
- Felicity Fonseca 2024 Lefty OF D1Vision National - #T-24 EIS - SA non-ranked - She has committed to Liberty. OU may wish they were able to get her to Norman.
- Addisen Fisher 2024 Bend HS|NW Bullets - #1 Player by both SA and EIS- I had read where it looked like Fisher was headed to Washington but that seems less likely today. Fisher is scheduled for 6 official visits. I do not know if OU is on that list. If OU could pull Fisher into the 2024 Class, it would be a huge addition to the pitching staff listed above. But if the Sooners get either of Reimer or Fisher, things are very,very good in Norman from a pitching perspective.

An announced OU commit for the 20224 Class is Audrey Lowry
Here is what EIS said about Lowrey this last week in their 2022 rankings.
T-3—Audrey Lowry, P, Mojo – Danley/Fisher
Audrey made a strong case for herself being one of the top players in the 2024 class when she went a stretch during this summer where she had 135 strikeouts pitched versus just five walks during that time frame. In fact, there were separate stretches which included 30-innings pitched, another 20-innings pitched and also a 25-inning stretch to end the season where the hurler didn’t give up a single walk. Audrey only allowed 16 earned runs in 103.1 innings (1.08 ERA) this summer and earned PGF Futures All American recognition as she helped her team play for the for the 16U Premier National Championship in August. One of the most sought-after players in the country by college coaches, Audrey has won a PGF Premier National Championship with the Tennessee Mojo organization and the addition of her to the Mojo strengthens that team’s chances of playing for titles. Lowry is a lefty pitcher with complete command of all of her pitches, which is reflected in her numbers year after year.

As I was posting the rankings on my 2024 spreadsheet, I was just looking at her and thinking that she would be another very good lefty to add to OU's staff. I had her on my 2025 team page as a possible but did not include her earlier which was my omission to not list her. but I had her under Jayden Heavener who signed with LSU.

This is a strong start for the 2024 class by OU. It also gets the Sooner into the MOJO organization following in the footsteps behind Kiersten Deal.

An announced OU commit for the 20224 Class is Kadey Lee McKay
This is what EIS said about Kadey Lee McKay.
T-18—Kadey McKay, SS/MIF, Epic National 18U – Smith
Kadey has helped her Caddo (Okla.) High team in Oklahoma win back-to-back state championships playing for her father, Dustin McKay, who is the head coach at the school. Her club Head Coach Scotty Smith adds: “Kadey’s numbers are amazing—I am not a big numbers guy, I am more of ‘Let’s just get to work kinda person and teach that the rest will fall in place— and Kadey does just that. She is an absolute stud.” A well-rounded athlete who has the glove and physical tools to play anywhere in the infield, Kadey has a strong arm and pop in her bat to change a game in a hurry.

As a player tied for 18th in the EIS rankings that places McKay in the Top 101 players according to EIS. I think that this is the first year she has been ranked by EIS. I am unable to find her in the SA rakings. It looks like she is a very fast rising player in the rankings with this year and one more year to play in High School.

Congrats to Ms. McKay.
- - - -

I do not have any 'known' potential recruits remaining for the Sooners in the Class of 2024. The 2025 Sooners look something like this at the current time (16 Players):
C - Nugent SR, Erickson JR, Hicks FR
1B - Sanders SR
2B-3B - Lilio Red-JR
SS-2B - Hodge JR, McKay FR
3B-SS - McEnroe-Marinas SO
LF - Parker SO
CF - Pickering SO
RF - Coor SR, Bland SO
RHP - Bahl SR
LHP - Deal SO, Geurin SO, Lowry FR

When I review that, I think if the Sooners sign another player for the 2024 class that it will be either a RHP or an OF/Player with some power.

That bodes well for Reimer or Fisher as RHP. As far as players, These names also look interesting to me.

- Amayah Doyle, IF, Intensity 18U – KOD - She is an athlete with significant power that was ranked #15 by SA and T-#6 by EIS.
- Paislie Allen, MIF/OF, Texas Glory 18U – Shelton - She has big power (22 HRs in 185 ABs) as a player with two more summers to play. she is ranked T-8 by EIS.
- Jenna Sniffen, 3B/P, OC Batbusters – Stith - She is from Hawaii and was mentioned as a player with power and could fill two roles perhaps as RHP and 3B potentially. She has a T-#16 ranking by EIS.
- Taylor Shumaker, OF, OC Batbusters – Stith - She attended a recent showcase at OU. she can play defense very well and has a LH bat that is impressive. She has a T-#19 ranking by EIS. Edit 9/29/2022 - Shumaker committed to Florida!

Boomer Sooner!
cclift38

Post by cclift38 »

OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

This is what EIS had to say about Barker earlier this month.

T-8—Sydney Barker, SS, LTG – Henderson/Lively
Some within the Love The Game (LTG) organization feel that Sydney could be the biggest recruit ever from the program with colleges in the Big 12 and Pac-12 showing heavy interest. The middle infielder, who primarily plays shortstop on the 18U Henderson/Lively team that took 3rd at 16U PGF Nationals this summer, has started every year for Rockling (Calif.) High and at both levels—club and prep—continually comes up with clutch hits and big plays. Says Coach Joe Henderson: “Sydney’s bat is a strength, but it is her glove that puts her above most. She has enormous range, an above average arm and a great feel for the position. Every weekend she makes a difference for us with her glove.”

Here are several highlight clips of the SS and RH Hitter.

https://www.instagram.com/sydbarker.2024/?hl=en
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Just double checking . Kadey is class of 2024, right?
::rice2:: :dude:
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

This is what EIS had to say about Barker earlier this month.

T-8—Sydney Barker, SS, LTG – Henderson/Lively
Some within the Love The Game (LTG) organization feel that Sydney could be the biggest recruit ever from the program with colleges in the Big 12 and Pac-12 showing heavy interest. The middle infielder, who primarily plays shortstop on the 18U Henderson/Lively team that took 3rd at 16U PGF Nationals this summer, has started every year for Rockling (Calif.) High and at both levels—club and prep—continually comes up with clutch hits and big plays. Says Coach Joe Henderson: “Sydney’s bat is a strength, but it is her glove that puts her above most. She has enormous range, an above average arm and a great feel for the position. Every weekend she makes a difference for us with her glove.”

Here are several highlight clips of the SS and RH Hitter.

https://www.instagram.com/sydbarker.2024/?hl=en
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Correct.
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Thank you sir!

I am trying to migrate some of the recruiting info up into Yearly recruiting threads. I try to wait until the conversation dies down after the initial boom announcement.

Looks like the 2024 class is filling up
::rice2:: :dude:
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

We have 4 now.

I hope one or two more are still to come. I am hearing se might get a 2o23 also.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

aka Crimson47