OU_Tom2

2024 softball recruits

Post by OU_Tom2 »

Topics about 2024 softball recruits.
This test account used by OU_Tom

:ou:
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Extra Innings Softball recently provided their Top 500 players for the 2024 Class of softball players. These players are sophomores in high school currently. Below I have provided the top 26 players or the Top 10 and ties for EIS. Only one player in this class is still committed to a program. That is Layla Lamar who is in the T-2 position. She is a Florida Gator commit.

As you will see the top 26 players contain 5 players that were unranked in 2020 by EIS. All five are listed as pitchers. Pitchers can move up the rankings quickly once they are on the right team to gain exposure.

I have also listed the players that have Oklahoma ties or links by team or home. There are also 26 players in this list. That is quite a few players from the Sooner state.

2024 Extra Elite 100 Player Rankings: #’s 1-10 (Sept. 4, 2021)

2021 # 2020 # First Last Pos Club Team
1 #11 Jayden Heavener LHP Virginia Unity – Ross/Johnson
2 #3 Layla Lamar 3B Lady Dukes – Lamar "Florida Commit"
2 #10 Audrey Lowry P Beverly Bandits 16U Premier – Conroy
3 #1 Sa’Mya Jones SS/P Impact Gold National – Jones
3 #6 Ella McDowell MIF/C Impact Gold 16U – Jazz
3 unranked Morgan Reimer P Georgia Impact – Sampson/Gusaeff
4 #6 Macey Cintron P Lady Dukes – Lamar
4 #2 Gabi Comia MIF Beverly Bandits 16U Premier – Conroy
4 #9 Chloe Larry 1B Impact Gold National – Jones
4 #4 Kate Vance MIF AZ Storm – Mathis
5 unranked Addisen Fisher P Northwest Bullets 18U
5 #5 Emma Kavanagh C Illinois Chill
5 #2 Shelby McKenzie 1B/UT Birmingham Thunderbolts – Burns
5 #12 Townsen Thomas OF Texas Blaze United 16U – Prinzo/Cain
6 #3 Jolie Adams OF Lady Dukes – Lamar
6 #8 Layna Gerhard P/OF Jersey Intensity – KOD
6 unranked Jayden Jones P Mojo – Danley
6 #13 Kennedy Marceaux C/UT Hotshots National – Serie
7 #10 Kaylynn Jones MIF Athletics – Mercado/Tidd
7 #12 Bailey Lindemuth P Hotshots Premier
7 #7 Priscilla Llamas P/1B Athletics – Mercado/Tidd
7 #11 Cambria Salmon P Athletics – Mercado 2023
8 #13 Sydni Burko 3B Beverly Bandits Premier – Chow
8 #19 Destiny Harris OF/IF Virginia Unity – Ross/Johnson
8 #13 Cameryn Harrison P Impact Gold 16U – Jazz
8 #5 Sofia Mujica C Power Surge – Berndes
9 #20 Kaylie Avvisato SS/P Virginia Glory – Willemsen
9 #18 Zoe Calvez OF Atlanta Vipers – Tamborra
9 #14 Jordan Lynch MIF/UT Lady Dukes – Lamar
9 #8 Ainsley Pemberton P/1B Texas Glory – Naudin
10 unranked Ava Bradshaw P Lady Dukes – Lamar
10 #9 Bailey Kendziorski P Georgia Impact – Sampson/Gusaeff
10 unranked Zoe Prystajko P/3B Firecrackers – Rico

There is also a growing trend in these top 26 players in the 2024 class. The number of California-Arizona players is becoming lower. With the growth of youth softball and prominent summer clubs in the SE and Midwest, the number of highly ranked players from these areas is also growing. Recruiting is no longer just based upon an trip to Cal-Zona for coaches.

Oklahoma Ties:
2021 # 2020 # First Last Pos Club Team
25 #27 Brayleigh Maxwell SS/C Tulsa Elite NWA 24/25
44 #67 Serenity Jacoway P/SS Gametime Stars – Spain - Okie
61 #99 Fae Cornish MIF Aces Fastpitch - Okie girl
66 unranked Ava Sliger P/IF Oklahoma Athletics – Madden
75 unranked Addisen Hall C/3B Oklahoma Athletics – Madden
81 #65 Alyson Edwards P/1B Tulsa Elite NWA
83 #94 Brooklyn Lyles IF/UT Epic National – Smith - Okie girl
101 #12 Karsen Griggs SS Oklahoma Athletics – Griggs
120 #17 Dasia Mason P/OF Tulsa Elite NWA 24/25
140 #133 Chaney Helton OF Tulsa Elite 2023 National
203 #193 Kensey Rosson OF Tulsa Elite NWA 24/25
208 #264 Annika Dill MIF/1B Tulsa Elite 2023 National
244 unranked Gwinn Hall P/1B Oklahoma Athletics – Madden
254 unranked Whitney Holcomb OF Tulsa Elite 2023 National
261 unranked Taylor Nichols C/OF Tulsa Elite NWA
331 unranked Ally Mondoza MIF/OF Tulsa Elite – Ark
340 unranked Ella Blakely C/MIF Tulsa Elite – Ark
350 unranked Jenna Jobe C/IF Tulsa Elite – Ark
379 #397 Kindal Biggs C/OF Tulsa Elite OKC 24/25
384 #460 Chenna Davidson IF Tulsa Elite OKC 24/25
419 #362 Gabrielle Stauffer C/OF Tulsa Elite 316
440 unranked Ashlynne Vote IF Tulsa Elite – Ark
462 unranked Emalea Bailey C Tulsa Elite – Ark
478 #447 Laraby Jennings P/3B Oklahoma Pure
480 #490 Kaylee Davis IF Oklahoma Pure –
481 #495 Lillie Smith OF Tulsa Elite OKC

Congratulations to all the players rated by EIS and to this subset of those players. The top 500 players probably include nearly 2000 players.  
::rice2:: :dude:
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

High School Spotlight: Super Sophomore Serenity Jacoway Has Her Oklahoma Team Poised for a Playoff Run

Most states across the nation play high school ball in the Spring, but more than a half dozen like Georgia, Colorado and Oklahoma play in the Fall and for some it’s crunch time with playoffs starting soon.

In the Sooner State, for example, the Oklahoma State Regionals begin this week and one team to watch is Tecumseh High which is led by one of the top two-way players in the Southwest, Serenity Jacoway.

A talented 2024 shortstop/pitcher (or is it pitcher/shortstop? More on that in a second…), she’s had a monster season so far, batting .489 with 31 RBIs in 32 games played. She’s been equally dominant in the circle, going 27-3 with a .990 ERA and 192 K’s with only 36 walks of the 651 batters she’s faced.

Tecumseh, with a 29-3 overall record, won its Districts and will get to host the playoffs this weekend. The Daily Oklahoman predicted the Savages would make it to the state tournament and with Serenity on the field and leading the 4A Class in wins, it’s not a stretch to think the team could be playing for a while.

Ranked as the #44 overall player in the 2024 Extra Elite 100 and #30 as a pitcher/duo (plays other positions or hits well), Serenity has taken her game to another level and a no less a source than her father, Will, has seen the elevation of the teenage athlete’s play, especially in the last year.

This summer at the travel ball level, Serenity played for the Gametime Stars 2024-Spain team and helped the team go 18-8 in the tournament season with a 2.29 ERA and a team-best .412 batting average.

Now, the only question is, is Serenity a pitcher or an infielder first? Dad likes her in the circle while the daughter thinks shortstop.

“What has helped with her success this season,” the athlete’s father explains, “is her mental game, ability to hit her spots and change speeds and her game IQ. Serenity is throwing in the low-to-mid 60’s but on her tournament team she is mostly a shortstop and one of her coaches has referred to her as ‘the shortstop on the mound.’”

Whichever position she ends up playing most down the road, that topic takes a back seat to the player’s humility and appreciation for where she is today. She points to a higher source for the success she’s had on the softball fields.

“I have often been asked what makes me different from others or what makes me stand out,” she says. “One simple phrase is my game changer “GloryB2God”. Showing others God’s glory is my ‘why I play.’ Without Him, I would not have the opportunity to play the sport I dearly love. I owe all thanks to God for blessing me with the talent that I possess.”

God-given gifts aside, Serenity still has had to put them into practice and work hard to get where she is today… and that’s not just working out and pushing herself physically.

“Another thing that has helped me develop my game recently,” she continues, “is truly understanding the mental side. I practice putting myself into high pressure situations before I even step foot onto the field and that includes often doing drills that focus more on the mental side of pitching rather than the physical.”

“My pitching instructor, Nic Denes, has also helped me immensely not only with my mental preparation and confidence, but also continuing to develop my spins and movement control.”

The athlete finishes by recognizing that she’s had a lot of help to get to this point, which is being a favorite in the Oklahoma State Playoffs.

“My support system plays a huge role in my success,” Serenity adds, “and I cherish everyone who has helped develop my talents and myself as a person.”

“Whether it’s my family who are at every game rain or shine or it’s the girl that gets my helmet before an at-bat. They all make a tremendous impact on my life on the field and off.”

“I’d also like to give a huge shoutout to my school ball and travel ball coaches as well; they’ve helped develop my talents and myself as a player far more than I could ever imagine (even if it means bear crawls across the facility, or triangles in less than thirty seconds!) “

“Last but not least I would like to say a huge thank you to my teammates for the energy they always have; it always makes for the most fun environment to be in.
::rice2:: :dude:
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

2024 Recruiting Thoughts (September 1, 2022)

I wish I actually had solid information for you. There have been some things that I have read or seen that has been posted. But first let's look at what players the Sooners will have on campus in the Fall of 2024 that the 2024 recruiting class will join.

The Sooners will have 13 players on campus waiting for the 2024 recruits to join them.

C/DP - Nugent - SR
C/1B/DP - Erickson - JR
1B/DP - Sanders - SR
2B/3B/OF - Lilio - Red-JR
SS/2B - Hodge - JR
3B/2B/SS - McEnroe-Marinas - SO
LF/DP/LHP ?? - Parker - SO
CF - Pickering - SO
RF - Coor - SR
RF/UT* - Bland - SO
RHP/UT* - Bahl
LHP - Deal
LHP - Geurin

I would imagine that there will be transfers into the Sooner program after the 2023 class for the 2024 season. With the Sooners losing 4 players, (Lyons, Green, Storako and Lee) I would not guess more than 3 or 4 transfers would be added.

I think that the 2024 recruiting class will be supplemented by transfers also the next summer after the 2024 season. Many college softball teams will have a large dropoff in scholarship players and roster size due to the COVID years expiring.

With that said, the Sooners will take any top level player they can recruit due to numbers.

Here are a few that I have been able to identify possible links to.
- Jaden Heavener, LHP - Virginia Unity - After attending a showcase camp at OU, she was very positive about playing at OU. Since I saw that, it seems that LSU has entered the picture. Heavener was the #5 rated player by SA this summer.

- Jada Villegas, LHP - OC Batbusters - She was at the OU Showcase in June. She has ties to Erickson and several other Batbusters. She was rated the #14 player by SA this summer.

- Sofia Mujica, C/INF - Power Surge - She was quoted in an article as saying OU was in her very top schools where she wanted to play. She was rated as the #29 player by SA this summer. that is down from #9 the year before.

- Ella McDowell, MIF/C - Impact Gold 16U Jazz - She was at the OU Showcase in June.

Local Players that could be recruited are:
- Brayleigh Maxwell, SS/C, Tulsa Elite NWA 24/25 - She was the #25 rated player by EIS in 2021, up from #27 the year before.
- Serenity Jacoway, P/SS - Gametime Stars - Spain - She is from Oklahoma. She recently shined in a national tourney. She was ranked as the #44 player by EIS in 2021, up from #67.
- Fae Cornish, MIF - Aces Fastpitch - She is from Oklahoma and was rated as the #61 player in 2021 by EIS, up from #99.
- Ava Sliger, P/INF - Oklahoma Athletics – Madden - She was rated as the #66 player by EIS in 2021. She was unranked in 2020.
- Addison Hall, C/3B - Oklahoma Athletics – Madden - She was rated as the #75 player by EIS in 2021. She was unranked in 2020.
- Alyson Edwards, P/1B - Tulsa Elite NWA - She was rated as the #81 player by EIS in 2021. She was ranked #65 in 2020.
- Brooklyn Lyles, IF/UT* - Epic National – Smith - She was rated as the #83 player by EIS in 2021. She was ranked #94 in 2020.

(For all EIS ranked players, the ranking has to be multiplied by 3 to get their overall ranking #. If the player is ranked #10 by EIS, the player would about the 30th ranked player overall.)

From Tropicalooner:
The "insiders" that I talk to (and one that I do trust) has mentioned a few names that 'they say" Coach Gasso has interest in:

- Corri Hicks C/1B/3B 2024 Sorcerer 18U Gold Gables/Rodriguez
- Morgan Reimer RHP/SS/1B 2024 EI Ranked #3 overall #1 Pitcher GA Impact?
- Felicity Fonseca 2024 Lefty OF D1Vision National
- Addisen Fisher 2024 Bend HS|NW Bullets

First of, I agree about Addisen Fisher. She looked very good in the PGF this summer from what I saw in the PGF Finals. I think I remember seeing she was going to Washington though as 'Lasooner' said.

Corri Hicks was not ranked in the most recent Top 50 by SA. I do not see her in last years EIS rankings either. EIS did have a preview article on her recently before they started their 2022 version of their 2024 rankings this week. That is usually an indication that she will be included fairly high in their rankings. She is a Catcher/1B. In that article, she said that she wanted a family atmosphere in the college she chooses and that her favorite player is Kinzie Hansen. I think OU may be in the running as a place she might play. I do not remember that she was at the June Showcase at OU, but I could have missed her. she plays for the Sorcerers organization. I do see that Hicks is making the rounds at camps for top programs.

Morgan Reimer was not ranked by either EIS or SA in 2020. But she jumped all the way to #3 by EIS and #8 by SA in 2021. As a pitcher that is reminiscent of Deal and Bahl late rise in the rankings. She is on the Georgia Impact Samson team it looks like. SA had her playing 16U. I could not tell 16 or 18 by EIS. She is a player from British Columbia, Canada. Both SA and EIs rank her as a Pitcher (RHP) but it looks like she does hit. For her to be somewhere on OU's radar she has probably been to an OU camp or Showcase. She has quite a few pics from a Washington camp she participated in.

Felicity Fonseca looks like a baseball player that has recently swapped over to softball. (Grace Lyons did that pretty well.) She is a 1B/OF it looks like. I do not see that she has been ranked. but she may be so new, no one has her on her radar. She does look like she can hit in videos (wide stance) and she has an arm it looks like. I think she looks like she would be fun to watch play. She is making the rounds at camps. She did 'tag' coach Gasso. D1Vision looks right as her team.

Sorry I can not help more.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

aka Crimson47
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

So, she's a hotshot pitcher AND a fashion model!?
AND, the author of the article about her thinks OU is either a two-time National Champion, or a 5-time National Champion!
Last edited by inconnu on Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

This is very good....

Here is what EIS said about Lowrey this last week in their 2022 rankings.

T-3—Audrey Lowry, P, Mojo – Danley/Fisher
Audrey made a strong case for herself being one of the top players in the 2024 class when she went a stretch during this summer where she had 135 strikeouts pitched versus just five walks during that time frame. In fact, there were separate stretches which included 30-innings pitched, another 20-innings pitched and also a 25-inning stretch to end the season where the hurler didn’t give up a single walk. Audrey only allowed 16 earned runs in 103.1 innings (1.08 ERA) this summer and earned PGF Futures All American recognition as she helped her team play for the for the 16U Premier National Championship in August. One of the most sought-after players in the country by college coaches, Audrey has won a PGF Premier National Championship with the Tennessee Mojo organization and the addition of her to the Mojo strengthens that team’s chances of playing for titles. Lowry is a lefty pitcher with complete command of all of her pitches, which is reflected in her numbers year after year.

As I was posting the rankings on my 2024 spreadsheet, I was just looking at her and thinking that she would be another very good lefty to add to OU's staff. I had her on my 2025 team page as a possible but did not include her earlier which was my omission to not list her. but I had her under Jayden Heavener who signed with LSU.

This is a strong start for the 2024 class by OU. It also gets the Sooner into the MOJO organization following in the footsteps behind Kiersten Deal.

Boomer Sooner!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here is what Softball America said about Lowery in August about a month ago.

#2 Rated Player - Last year #21 Player

Audrey Lowry - Tri-West (Lizton, Ind.)P/UTL
Notes:
CLUB TEAM: Beverly Bandits 16U Premier
COLLEGE: Uncommitted

Lowry set the IHSAA Class 3A championship game strikeout record with 22. She finished the season with 302 strikeouts and a 0.42 earned run average. On the offensive side, Lowry hit for a .434 average with 21 RBIs. She was named to the 2022 IndyStar Softball Super Team.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

No, I have not been able to see her pitch. I will be looking for her next summer in Norman though. Anyone's with the great control she seems to have and low ERA can pitch, I think.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

This weekend I saw where Corri Hicks had visited OU for an official visit. I had been reading things that might have indicated that OU was also recruiting Sofia Mujica at catcher. Mujica had a T-5 ranking (Top 18 players) by EIS and SA had her at #29. Both both players are probably easily in the Top 5 catchers in the Class of 2024.

This is what EIS said about her. Hicks is in the Top 29 players in the country with her EIS ranking of T-7. She was not in the SA Top 50 last month. This is the 2nd top playing committment for the Sooner 2024 Class.

T-7—Corri Hicks, C, Sorcerer 18U – Gabales/Rodriguez
It’s not every day that one of the youngest players on an elite 18U team is also one of the best but that’s the case with Corri whom Coach Rodriguez calls “as special as they come, and is easily one of the top 2024s in the nation.” Just this weekend, she took an official campus visit to Oklahoma. On the field, the 5-foot-9 backstop can change the momentum of a game with one swing, while defensively commanding the game from behind the plate. Per her Sorcerer coaches, Corri does not shy away from the pressure of the moment, or the responsibility that comes with being a team leader. Offensively, she hits for power, and can also go gap to gap. Adds one coach: “There is a reason Corri is the highest recruited athlete in the Sorcerer org, because the sky is the limit. The college that signs her will be getting a kid that can step in and contribute right away.” She was an All-State (Underclass) selection by Cal-Hi Sports after hitting .408 with 13 home runs and 34 RBIs for Arch Bishop Mitty (San Jose, Calif.) High and at the club side helped Sorcerers finish 3rd at TC Nationals in the Gold Bracket and 13th at PGF Premier Nationals.

IF there is no portal activity between now and then for the Sooners at the catching position, Hicks will join Nugent as a SR and Erickson as a JR for the 2025 season as catchers for OU.

Boomer Sooner!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

In her pictures, she appears to be a tall gal....or maybe Patty was just standing back a ways. But she looks strong like she can very easily slam the ball way over the fence---a lot like Alo.
aka Crimson47
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

https://thealliancefastpitch.com/hfl/ka ... t-athlete/

Originally reported as Kadey Lee....I think her full name is Kadey Lee McKay....but checking to verify.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I believe this is Kadey Lee McKay who was ranked as the T-18th by EIS rankings this month. She is a SS/MIF and is from Caddo, OK. She plays for Epic National 18U - Smith.

This is what EIS said about Kadey Lee McKay.

T-18—Kadey McKay, SS/MIF, Epic National 18U – Smith
Kadey has helped her Caddo (Okla.) High team in Oklahoma win back-to-back state championships playing for her father, Dustin McCkay, who is the head coach at the school. Her club Head Coach Scotty Smith adds: “Kadey’s numbers are amazing—I am not a big numbers guy, I am more of ‘Let’s just get to work kinda person and teach that the rest will fall in place— and Kadey does just that. She is an absolute stud.” A well-rounded athlete who has the glove and physical tools to play anywhere in the infield, Kadey has a strong arm and pop in her bat to change a game in a hurry.

As a player tied for 18th in the EIS rankings that places McKay in the Top 101 players according to EIS. I think that this is the first year she has been ranked by EIS. I am unable to find her in the SA rakings. It looks like she is a very fast rising player in the rankings with this year and one more year to play in High School.

Congrats to Ms. McKay.

Boomer Sooner!
Apoc70

Post by Apoc70 »

I couldn't find Kadey McKay in the 2024 EIS rankings. I found Ti'are Ho-Ching, Maddie Hartley, and Kelsey Mathis tied at 18th. Regardless, I don't think Patty would recruit anyone she didn't think could play at an elite level.