2023-2024 Incoming Gymnasts, Addison Fatta - Wins Swiss Cup

This is the forum to follow our National Champions Gymnastics team
OUBeliever56A

2023-2024 Incoming Gymnasts, Addison Fatta - Wins Swiss Cup

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Addison Fatta, a recently announced OU gymnastics recruit for the 2023-2024 season recently was selected to participate for the US in the Swiss Cup for Gymnastics. Her and her partner ended up winning the competition. Here is the staff writers article about the victory for Ms. Fatta.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/11/2 ... h-team-usa

Congrats to Ms. Fatta.

Boomer Sooner!
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

I feel like you somewhat buried the lede. Her partner was Yul Moldauer. The last time that the U.S. won, it was former OU gymnast Allan Bower and Jade Carey in 2019.

Can't wait for the season to start. Is it correct that Ragan Smith and Jenna Dunn will be the last class to get a COVID year?
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

You probably give me way too much credit about my knowledge of OU gymnastics beyond the last year or so. I am merely a conduit of information I mostly read, summarize and paste into posts here. As for Yul Moldauer. I did think this. "Fatta is young, like 16 or so. I wonder if Moldauer is also young. So I went and looked at the current roster to see if a freshman might be Moldauer. I did not find that." With that said, I completely read past the opening paragraph about Moldauer. My bad.

That was as close as I came to learning about Moldauer. If I would have looked around in the Men's Gymnastics main page I would have seen his reference there, but I did not. Moldauer was at OU last in 2019 in his final season. He is likely 10 years older than Fatta.

I also only know what I read in the article about the Swiss Cup. I am a novice gymnastics fan. I stand and yell on dismounts or landings when their feet do not move. Then I hope for a perfect score. I enjoy watching them a great deal. But I know very little besides how the scoring totals work for the team. I could not tell a 9.7 from a 9.3 if my life depended upon it.

Thank you for your additional thought about Moldauer. I should have caught it.
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

Moldauer is probably the best OU male gymnast since Bart Conner. I've followed Olympic gymnastics since the '72 games. OU has had a good string of participants on the male side: Jonathan Horton, Stephen Legendre, Yul Moldauer, Allan Bower (OK, he was an alternate). And I'm forgetting a few. Tim Daggett, who is a gymnasts announcer now, was on the 84(?) team with Bart Conner that won the gold. His son I think just completed his eligibility with OU. Conner was 25 or 26 that year and was 2 or 3 years past his prime, when he was the best US male gymnast, although Kurt Thomas might dispute that.

I started watching OU Women's Gymnastics religiously when Maggie Nichols came. At the time, it was unusual for a National Team member to participate in college. I only watch about 2 OU men's meets per year.