Scrimmage Saturday

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TropicalSooner

Scrimmage Saturday

Post by TropicalSooner »

I wonder how this turned out.
Wonder if it was open to the public? Or maybe the Trophy Club members? or other Special Supporters?

Can't wait for the season to start.

aka Crimson47
1KCSoonerFan

Post by 1KCSoonerFan »

I wonder why scrimmages aren't (usually?) open to the public? Does it give away scouting info?

Anyway, if it didn't hurt the team, it seems like a great way to also have crowd noise to adjust tp. People would fill the stands!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Hey there Kansas City.....
That is a really good question. I have read posters from LSU say all of their outdoor practices are open......and I've also read a Tejas poster comment on their practices like he had been to them or at least had first hand knowledge of their practices. I think we used to have posters here that were able to walk in to the outdoor practices and watch.....that was right after covid......but I can't remember for sure. It seem like the coaches used the covid excuse to lock the gates after that.....or something like that.
Anyway, they had a meet and greet "Coffee with the Champions" yesterday morning for all the Trophy Club Members (see attachment below), so I thought maybe at least they might possibly have been invited to the scrimmage. But.....perhaps not......

aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

At the Trophy Club event on Saturday morning, the Saturday scrimmage was mentioned and we did ask if we could attend and watch. The answer was simply, 'no'. I then asked if practices could be watched. Again the answer was simply 'no'.

It is curious thing to me.

There was a comment that during the season when it is warmer, that one practice will be opened to the Trophy Club members to watch. It sounded like there will be pizza served after the practice.

It could be worth joining the Trophy Club for the opportunity to see practice.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Notice in the pics from practice that Bahl is in LF.

It will be a thing in 2023.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Wow. Thanks '56 for that information.
Also in looking through the pictures, I did see some people scattered in the stands....I wonder who they were.
It's a shame that the practice wasn't at least open to the folks that have committed funds with the Trophy Club. I'm sorry you weren't able to attend.
But it looked like it was a nice grouping of people at the coffee anyway.
aka Crimson47
1KCSoonerFan

Post by 1KCSoonerFan »

Thank you, Tropical and '56!

(Man, it is FREEZING here in KC today! Just in time for the AFC Championship game)

Was that Hansen, Storako, and I think I recognized Nugent's pigtails in the back. (I really pull for Nugent.)

Heck, I'd pay to watch a practice and especially a scrimmage.

There may be all kinds of things from insurance to security that discourage public events, I guess. It is no doubt easier for the team to have the place to themselves, I suppose. At any rate, I just can't get enough of OU Softball.