Softball 2022 Offensive Numbers

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
White River

Softball 2022 Offensive Numbers

Post by White River »

I have been trying to analyze 2022 offensive numbers to get more of an idea of what we lost and what we're gaining. I didn't list every player's numbers, but did try to get the players that look to be the primary contributors. Players highlighted in Red are gone. Players in Yellow are new additions. Players are sorted by Run % which is Runs Scored divided by At Bats. (Example: Alo scored a run on 50.9% of her at bats.) (RBI % is RBIs divided by At Bats)

Certainly the incoming players didn't have the supporting cast as the existing Sooner players, so it's reasonable to expect them to be more productive in 2023 than they were last year.

There are no major revelations in these numbers but you can stare at them while you wait for Feb 9th to get here.
2022 Offense.png
2022 Offense.png (32.38 KiB) Viewed 117 times
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I do not think that RS and RBI are good numbers to look at. It is too dependent upon other players and OU had a much better offense than anyone else which inflates their numbers for both.

I posted the numbers sometime this fall. I think this is what you have to look at.

Compare the players leaving: Alo, Elam, Snow, Johns - to the new players coming in: Sanders, Lee and Torres

Use BA, OB% and Slug% and EBH. Use their 2022 stats to do this.

Then add in Hansen's 2021 season to the new players and add Hansen's 2022 stats to the players leaving.

What you get is that the two sets of numbers are similar with the new players actually being a bit better.

It is actually surprising. The 2023 offense will likely be better than it was in 2022, even with Alo not playing.