Men's Basketball Standings: Big 12 as of Sunday evening Jan 29th

Forum to discuss OU Men's Basketball
OUBeliever56A

Men's Basketball Standings: Big 12 as of Sunday evening Jan 29th

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here are the Men's Big 12 Basketball Standings as off Sunday night.

T#1 - Iowa State - 6-2 - overall 15-5 - NET Ranking of #11 and AP / Coaches #13
T#1 - Kansas State - 6-2 - overall 18-3 - NET Ranking of #7 and AP #7, Coaches #6.
T#1 - Texas - 6-2 - overall 17-4 - NET Ranking of #9 and AP #10, Coaches T#9
T#4 - Baylor - 5-3 - overall 16-4 - NET Ranking of #13 and AP / Coaches #11
T#4 - Kansas - 5-3 - overall 16-4 - NET Ranking of #8 and AP / Coaches #8
T#4 - Texas Christian - 5-3 - overall 16-5 - NET Ranking of #17 and AP #15 and Coaches #16
7th - Oklahoma State - 3-5 - overall 12-9 - NET Ranking of #43
T8th - Oklahoma - 2-6 - overall 12-9 - NET Ranking of #56
T8th - West Virginia - 2-6 - overall 13-8 - NET Ranking of #25
10th - Texas Tech - 0-9 - overall 11-10 - NET Ranking of #69

Mid-Week Schedule
Monday, Jan 30:

Baylor at Texas - 8 PM on ESPN / 2 - Both teams need the win. Baylor probably more so. Texas needs to rebound after their loss to Tennessee on the road. In Austin, I will pick Baylor after their victory over Arkansas. I just think they are better if they play well. Maybe it is just I don't want to pick Texas also.

Iowa State at Texas Tech - 8 PM on ESPN / 2 / U - Iowa State lost by a bunch at Mizzou this weekend. They need to and will rebound to defeat Tech and keep Tech winless but it will be close in Lubbock with Tech back at full strength. A loss to Tech will really hurt I-State if Texas and K-State both win on Tuesday.

Tuesday, Jan 31:
Kansas State at Kansas - 7 PM on ESPN+ - Kansas had a big win over Kentucky on the road this weekend. K-State bested Florida. Kansas needs to hold serve with K-State after the loss in Manhattan. I pick Kansas in a barn-burner game in the cold weather and ice.

West Virginia at TCU - 8 PM on ESPN / 2 / U - TCU not only lost to Miss State, but it sounds like they lost their best player in Miller with an achilles injury. That will hurt TCU but it will not leave them unable to run a full speed. TCU will need this win as does West Virginia. WV is trying to get two in a row after defeating Auburn this weekend. TCU finds their way to a win at home.

Wednesday, Feb 1:
Oklahoma State at Oklahoma - 8 PM on ESPN2 - Both Bedlam teams won on Saturday. OSU won by 22 over Ole Miss while OU rose up to defeat #2 Alabama by 24 points. This game requires a win by both teams. I am betting the win over Bama helps OU's psychic and they will play well 2 games in a row and win over OSU at home. But the Cowboy quickness around the basket does concern me. Still picking OU.

Boomer Sooner!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

In Big 12 Men's Action last night there was a surprise with two very close games played.

Iowa State led by 17 at halftime at 39-22. The Cyclones lead by as much as 22 it looks like in the 2nd half. But Texas Tech kept coming back in the final minutes and tied the score 71-71 at the end of the 2nd half on a Harmon 2 pointer with 21 seconds left. In overtime, Tech outscored I-State 9-6 with three late free throws for the win for the Red Raiders 80-77. This could be a critical loss for I-State.

In the other game last night in the Big 12 for the Men, Texas held home court against Baylor 76-71. When George for Baylor made a bucket + a free throw for and old fashioned 3 just inside a minute to play, the score was 72-71 in favor of Texas. In the final minute, Texas made a bucket and then 2 free throws on their two possessions while Baylor missed their shots on 2 three-pointers. Texas continues to win despite my best efforts to not give them credit.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

In Men's Big 12 action last night, two teams helped themselves in the standings.

- Kansas dealt a little bit of revenge on Kansas State as they held home court and defeated K-State by 12 with a 90-78 final score.
- TCU played without Miller and only got 8 minutes from Lampkin inside and took a big lead early only to let West Virginia back in the game late but TCU won 76-72.

The Top of the Big 12 no looks like this:
1st - Texas - 7-2 and 18-4 overall
T2nd - Kansas - 6-3 and 18-4 overall
T2nd - Kansas State - 6-3 and 18-4 overall
T2nd - Iowa State - 6-3 and 15-6 overall
T2nd - TCU - 6-3 and 17-5 overall
6th - Baylor - 5-4 and 16-6 overall

9th - West Virginia - 2-7 and 13-9 overall
10th - Texas Tech - 1-8 and 12-10 overall

If OU can defeat OSU tonight, they are will be T7th with both teams at 3-6 and 13-9 for OU and 12-10 for OSU.

Boomer Sooner!