“The Huddle” SoonerVision

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TN Sooner

“The Huddle” SoonerVision

Post by TN Sooner »

Tonight’s “Huddle” features JT and Jen, plus Alex, Syd, Kinzie and Haley. On-Demand on ESPN +.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I enjoyed being at Rudy's last night for the "Huddle". Chris Plank did his homework and did a good job as the emcee. Coach Rocha and JT both were good in their comments.

The four players were very real I thought. Storako seems to be very poised and well-spoken. It is the second time that I have been impressed by her. Hansen was just herself and she truly seems healthy and very ready to play in 2023. Cydni Sanders was a delight. I think she is really enjoying being a Sooner. I did not know that her father played minor league baseball for the Tulsa "Drillers". (I hope that is right.) Chris Plank dug that fact up. Her swing makes perfect sense now. Simple and Powerful. I thought Haley Lee was a bit nervous. She was honest as well. I think she is still trying to find her place on the team. She is used to being the "lead star" I think. She is now a piece of a puzzle where the anchor pieces are already in place. She is now a piece that compliments and fills in between the anchor pieces.

I keep hearing things that indicate to me that several players may play in the outfield (RF) that we may not have thought about. It is going to be an interesting set of lineup out at the Mark Campbell tourney in the first five games.

Boomer Sooner!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

OUBeliever56A wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:39 am I enjoyed being at Rudy's last night for the "Huddle". Chris Plank did his homework and did a good job as the emcee. Coach Rocha and JT both were good in their comments.

The four players were very real I thought. Storako seems to be very poised and well-spoken. It is the second time that I have been impressed by her. Hansen was just herself and she truly seems healthy and very ready to play in 2023. Cydni Sanders was a delight. I think she is really enjoying being a Sooner. I did not know that her father played minor league baseball for the Tulsa "Drillers". (I hope that is right.) Chris Plank dug that fact up. Her swing makes perfect sense now. Simple and Powerful. I thought Haley Lee was a bit nervous. She was honest as well. I think she is still trying to find her place on the team. She is used to being the "lead star" I think. She is now a piece of a puzzle where the anchor pieces are already in place. She is now a piece that compliments and fills in between the anchor pieces.

I keep hearing things that indicate to me that several players may play in the outfield (RF) that we may not have thought about. It is going to be an interesting set of lineup out at the Mark Campbell tourney in the first five games.

Boomer Sooner!
Thank you for sharing your "Huddle" experience with us. That must have been simply awesome.
What you said about Storako reaffirms the impression I have gotten about her since her transfer to OU. She has always appeared to me to be polished and very articulate. I have also read about her frustrations of last fall suddenly thrown into the fire against out Murderer's Row lineup....but how she took some time off during semester break and now has come back with a vengeance. This bodes well for our pitching staff and our team! I got the impression last fall that in spite of her frustrations, she was in awe of the raw power our lineup had and is now really going to relish being a Sooner with the offense she never had at Michigan.
Also, those are quite revealing observations you had about the other players at the event last night. Did you get a chance to chat with Chris??

Thanks again for your post.
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

He was working hard on his notes. At some point, he was looking for Coach Rocha and was looking for a substitute for her in case she was late. (Coach Rocha was on time, promptly.) I volunteered to take her place and said, smiled and said......"Maybe"!

I did talk to Toby Baldwin about the new stadium though. He has responsibility for the Softball Team and is always around. Very positive man.

He shared that the batting facility and 3 locker rooms will be located under the field. Yeah, I said under the field. I am having a bit of trouble figuring that out, but that is what he said. He commented that from where the players will park, there will be a tunnel that goes underneath the outfield area that leads directly to the locker rooms and batting facilities.

That will be quite the setup. I can't wait to see it.

He also commented that the infield will be below grade. As you walk into the stadium your will be above the first level of seats.

I think I got all of that right from what he said.

Mr. Baldwin is the Executive Associate Director of Athletics for Name, Image, Likeness, & Operational Advancement, University of Oklahoma Intercollegiate Athletics