Women's Big 12 Basketball Standings: Feb 6th - OU Alone in 2nd !

A new coach, new recruits, and a new attitude,
OUBeliever56A

Women's Big 12 Basketball Standings: Feb 6th - OU Alone in 2nd !

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The Big 12 standings for the Women with all games included thru Feb 5th are below.

1st - Texas - 9-2 in conf. - 18-6 overall. NET ranking of #10. - Texas defeated Kansas in Lawrence 68-65 on Saturday.
2nd - Oklahoma - 8-3 in conf. - 18-4 overall. NET ranking of #42. - OU ran past WV 93-68 in Norman on Saturday.
3rd - Baylor - 7-3 in conf. - 16-6 overall. NET rankings of #21. - Baylor beat I-State in Ames 76-70 on Saturday.
4th - Iowa State - 7-4 in conf. - 15-6 overall. NET ranking of #13.
5th - Oklahoma State - 6-5 in conf. - 16-7 overall. NET ranking of #46. - OSU defeated TCU 77-65 in Ft. Worth on Saturday.
6th - West Virginia - 5-5 in conf. = 14-7 overall. NET ranking of #72.
T7th - Kansas - 4-6 in conf. - 14-7 overall. NET ranking of #32.
T7th - Texas Tech - 4-6 in conf. - 16-7 overall. NET ranking of #73. - Tech defeated K-State in Lubbock 78-68 on Sunday.
9th - Kansas State - 3-8 in conf. - 14-10 overall. NET ranking of #62.
10th - TCU - 0-11 in conf. - 6-16 overall. NET ranking of #153.

If someone can explain to me the NET ranking for OU versus the NET ranking of Kansas I will listen intently. I just do not see it.

The schedule through Wednesday for the Women is:

Tuesday - Feb 7th:

West Virginia at Oklahoma State - 6:30 PM on ESPN+ - This game is for control of 5th place in the conference at this point. In Stillwater, i will chose the Cowgirls to win.

Oklahoma at Baylor - 7 PM on ESPN+ - This game is perhaps a very big game for OU. They have lost three games to the other three top teams in the Big 12. They split with Iowa State and lost to Baylor in Norman and Texas in Lubbock. The Sooners need a big effort in Waco on Tuesday. Maybe the trip to Iowa State on Saturday will slow Baylor down a bit.. I wil chose OU to win the game that they will probably be the underdog.

Wednesday,, Feb 8th:

Texas Tech at Texas - 7 PM on LHN - Texas will win over Tech and remain in 1st place.

TCU at Kansas - 7 PM on ESPN+ - Kansas played well against Texas on Saturday. They will defeat TCU on Wednesday.

There are only 4 games this mid-week as the schedule is offset for the Women right now. There will be 5 games on next Saturday.