Oklahoma Women's Golf Team @ Big 12 Stroke Play Championship !

Discussions on any and all things OU women's sports
OUBeliever56A

Oklahoma Women's Golf Team @ Big 12 Stroke Play Championship !

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Oklahoma Women's Golf Team will compete in the Big 12 Championship at Dallas Athletic Club April 21-23 in Dallas, Texas.

The three-day conference clash will feature 18 holes each day and the Sooners will start the opening round at 10 a.m. on Friday, April 21.

Here is the staff wrtiers article about the championship.

https://soonersports.com/news/2023/4/20 ... ampionship

Savana Barber, Reagan Chaney, Mikhaela Fortuna, Emily Hun, and Kaylee Vesely will comprise the OU lineup at DAC.

Good luck to the Women's Team this weekend.

Boomer Sooner!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The Oklahoma Women shot 8-over par on Friday and sets 5 shots behind Texas Tech in the Big 12 Women's Golf Tourney.

Fortuna led the way for OU as she shot 71 on the day.

Here is the staff wrtiers article about the first round of action.

https://soonersports.com/news/2023/4/21 ... ning-round

Good luck to the Sooners in Round two today!

Boomer Sooner!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

In the second day of the big 12 Women's Stroke Play Championship, the Sooners shot 2-under 286 as a team for a 2-day 36 hole total of 582 and 6-over par. That left the Sooners in 4th place in the championship 10 shots behind OSU, 8 shots behind Texas Tech and 5 shots behind Baylor.

In individual play, Fortuna shot a 2-under on Saturday for a 2-day total of -3 and is in 4th place for the Sooners. Barker shot her second straight 73 for 2-over total and is in a T-14th place. Chaney for OU is at 3-over par and is in a tie for 20th.

Here is the staff writers article about the second day of action.

https://soonersports.com/news/2023/4/22 ... ampionship

Good luck to the Sooner Women in Round 3 on Sunday.

Boomer Sooner!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

The 3rd round of play was not kind to the Oklahoma Women on Sunday. The Sooners shot 24-over Par with a 312 total. that was unfortunately the high round of the day. The round dropped the Sooners into 6th place for the Championship

Fortuna still played well though for the Sooner as she shot 74 for a 3-day total of 1-under Par for for a 3rd Place Individual Finish tied with Martin of OSU. Fortuna was 3 shots from 1st place and 2 shots from 2nd.

When the staff writers post their article on the final round I will add it to the topic.

Congrats to Fortuna on her play in the Championship and her 3rd Place finish. Barber and Chaney finished at 8-over Par while Vesely finished at 16-over and Hun finished with a +22-over Par total.

Boomer Sooner!
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here is the staff writers article about the final round for the Oklahoma Sooner Women's golfers final round at the Big 12 Stroke Play Championship.

https://soonersports.com/news/2023/4/23 ... ampionship

I wonder if Fortuna autoatically qualifies as an individual for the NCAA's. Finishing Top 3 in a conference tourney usually does that. i know that for the Big 12 Men, the top 10 individual men qualify for the NCAA's per their pre-tourney article.

I would certainly say that in the last two years that I was aware and have followed the Women's Golf Team, Michaela Fortuna has been the most consistent and probably the best of all of the Sooner Women Golfers. I hope she qualifies for the NCAA individually.

Boomer Sooner!