Other Super Regionals

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Bottom post of the previous page:

JSULL60 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:33 pm :ou: Northwestern just hit a home run off of Fouts and have 1-0 lead
did that game just start or has Fouts been pitching awhile?
aka Crimson47
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

waddy's ghost wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:37 pm
SoonerGirl1201 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:28 pm Totally off subject - or on subject - I'm watching the NW v Bama game and I love the NW pitcher. Other than the fact that their uniform tops look like purple candy striper tops (seriously? Not sure who thought those things looked good), I'm pulling for NW.

What is with the deal that OU is on ESPN+ all the time and these lower seeds get the best TV. I've followed softball for a long time and I honestly have come to the conclusion that NCAA softball does not like Patty and OU and seemingly does everything in their power to under rank us whenever possible, especially in the early years - but 2017 #10 was an embarrassment - and then when they have to rank us high - everything in their power to keep us off the screens.

Maybe I'm just bitter - but I also believe there are no coincidences. Did Patty pee in their lemonade or something?
I feel ya
Not to rant - but tomorrow's game, POTENTIALLY the last at Marita Hynes field, the historic record setting 48th straight win at the home of the #1 team is on.......ESPN+? Really?
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

TropicalSooner wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:43 pm
JSULL60 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:33 pm :ou: Northwestern just hit a home run off of Fouts and have 1-0 lead
Just in the bottom of the second inning. The HR came in the top of the 2nd. So Fouts hasn't been pitching long.
White River

Post by White River »

TropicalSooner wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:43 pm
Fouts started the game and has actually pitched pretty well to this point. They are headed to the top of the 3rd.
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

2 quick hits for NW in the top of the 3rd. Fouts starting to look less stellar. NW is a feisty little team.
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou: Even though todays game was on
ESPN + and ESPN 2. I do agree with the post. Even when OU is the top seed it seems like lower seeded teams get an easier path to the CWS. I know that OU had the very first game televised by ABC but can you believe the Tenn vs Texas game tomorrow is going to on ABC. You would think that the number one seed who is one game away from breaking a winning streak that has stood for over 20 years and is playing their last game on their home field and pushing towards a 3 three peat would be on ABC
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

Bases loaded no outs. With Fouts leg injury I wonder why NW hasn't played more bunt/short ball. They just had a hit that acted more like a bunt to get the runner on safe to load bases. Fouts is a great pitcher and I actually feel bad for her and the injury but looks like NW is starting to figure her out (just as I type that she throws a perfect strike)
White River

Post by White River »

Perfect scenario for a squeeze
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

NW scored to make it 2-0 but Bama got out of the inning with a great double-play at home/first to stop the bleeding.
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou: Nothing asainst Fouts but I cant stand Alabama. Theres no way Alabama deserved to be a #5 seed. I hpoe Northwestern beats them lika a rented mule
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

I gotta think that Fouts just isn't going to be able to go much longer and NW is hitting the ball. I agree, short game right back to Fouts might be more than she can handle....
aka Crimson47
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

JSULL60 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:52 pm :ou: Even though todays game was on
ESPN + and ESPN 2. I do agree with the post. Even when OU is the top seed it seems like lower seeded teams get an easier path to the CWS. I know that OU had the very first game televised by ABC but can you believe the Tenn vs Texas* game tomorrow is going to on ABC. You would think that the number one seed who is one game away from breaking a winning streak that has stood for over 20 years and is playing their last game on their home field and pushing towards a 3 three peat would be on ABC
I wonder if it is their way of trying to hamper our recruiting. Conspiracies I know, I know. Again, I'm probably just bitter. Luckily, we get the best players whether we recruit them originally or they transfer in. :D
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

JSULL60 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:02 pm :ou: Nothing asainst Fouts but I cant stand Alabama. Theres no way Alabama deserved to be a #5 seed. I hpoe Northwestern beats them lika a rented mule
I'm becoming a quick fan of this NW team (not just because I totally agree in Bama and OSU's over ranking). They are spunky and smiley and playing better defense than Bama. Really love their pitcher and the fact that they are in no way intimidated by Bama. I hate that they are in our bracket, as I'm hoping to see NW make it to the CWS and would hate to have to knock them out ;).
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

Okay - I'm in a posting mood. I have come to the conclusion that it is unfair to ask a single pitcher to do everything for you in today's softball. I'm starting to feel sorry for Fouts. She has a decent enough offense but her defense has been poor and if you look at all the years she has been at Alabama it has really always been just her. Used to - like 15-20 years ago the best pitcher won it for you just about every time. Nowadays you have to have an offense and defense to beat the best teams and more than 1 pitcher. Softball is maturing and eventually the other team will hit even the best pitchers. So thankful that Patty was ahead of her time in developing a power offense and started with the pitching "team" concept some time ago as well.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

JSULL60 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:02 pm :ou: Nothing against Fouts but I cant stand Alabama. Theres no way Alabama deserved to be a #5 seed. I hope Northwestern beats them lika a rented mule
I don't even really dislike Alabama. It's just their jerk of a coach, Pat Murphy, and the fact that Alabama mysteriously got a seed much higher than they deserved.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

JSULL60 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:52 pm Even when OU is the top seed it seems like lower seeded teams get an easier path to the CWS. I know that OU had the very first game televised by ABC but can you believe the Tenn vs Texas* game tomorrow is going to on ABC. You would think that the number one seed who is one game away from breaking a winning streak that has stood for over 20 years and is playing their last game on their home field and pushing towards a 3 three peat would be on ABC !!!
What you said is such a slight that it is hard to comprehend that whoever made that decision was acting to satisfy fans of the sport of softball...that is, until you remember the nature of college sports.
There are 2 types of college sports fans:
1)Sooner fans
2)Sooner haters