Other Super Regionals

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
White River

Post by White River »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Duke started their freshman pitcher and the Blue Devils came prepared to win a Super Regional. Stanford on the other hand looks like the moment is way too big for them!

Duke leads 1-0 in the middle of the 2nd.
White River

Post by White River »

Puni just hit a 3 run HR and put the Vols up 4-0 over the Horns in the 2nd
White River

Post by White River »

White River wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:36 am Duke started their freshman pitcher and the Blue Devils came prepared to win a Super Regional. Stanford on the other hand looks like the moment is way too big for them!

Duke leads 1-0 in the middle of the 2nd.
Well, I bragged on Duke and that was the kiss of death for them. Stanford should send me a Thank You note.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

The “obstruction” rules need work for sure. I believe current rules prevent fielder from being in the way of the base runner prior to the ball’s arrival. So, moving into the base path to field an errant throw is, by rule, “obstruction”. Letter of law, not necessarily what I agree with. Would like to see the softball rules committee rethink this in off season.
White River

Post by White River »

Oklahoma State is about to be the first team to punch their ticket to the WCWS. Oregon is about to be Turducken back to Eugene.

7-0 OSU
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

White River wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:42 pm Oklahoma State is about to be the first team to punch their ticket to the WCWS. Oregon is about to be Turducken back to Eugene.

7-0 OSU
Pretty impressive - I had Oregon coming out of that super regional. The cowgirls are rolling....I think the may have to face Tenn (assuming they beat texas tomorrow and make it out of the regional) first game in the WCWS and that one I see as a pretty big challenge for them.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

Osu v UO just had another obstruction call at the plate. Great example of the flaw of the current rule. Ball in catchers hand a good 2 paces before runner arrives - out by a mile, but catcher was “obstructing” prior to receiving the ball.
White River

Post by White River »

SoonerGirl1201 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:47 pm
White River wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:42 pm Oklahoma State is about to be the first team to punch their ticket to the WCWS. Oregon is about to be Turducken back to Eugene.

7-0 OSU
Pretty impressive - I had Oregon coming out of that super regional. The cowgirls are rolling....I think the may have to face Tenn (assuming they beat Texas* tomorrow and make it out of the regional) first game in the WCWS and that one I see as a pretty big challenge for them.
Tennessee as a 4 seed will be on the OU side of the bracket. 1,4,5,8 will be on one side of the bracket. 2-3-6-7 will be on the other side. Their first game would likely be against Florida State.
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

Thanks for the correction White River - I always have trouble mapping out the seeding in the WCWS - especially when they drop the first game loser into the other bracket?

Both Tenn and Florida State are the real deal I believe and although OSU got 2 out of 3 against Florida State earlier in the season it will be interesting to see how they fare in OKC.
White River

Post by White River »

It's likely that OSU and FSU will be the two best teams on that side of the bracket and the winner from that opening game could have a clear path to the Championship Series.

I really wish they would reseed the teams after the Supers.
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

White River wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:17 pm It's likely that OSU and FSU will be the two best teams on that side of the bracket and the winner from that opening game could have a clear path to the Championship Series.

I really wish they would reseed the teams after the Supers.
Agreed - sometimes the less deserving team(s) get the easiest bracket. But I suppose if you are a champion you just have to play 'em all and win 'em all.
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

Totally off subject - or on subject - I'm watching the NW v Bama game and I love the NW pitcher. Other than the fact that their uniform tops look like purple candy striper tops (seriously? Not sure who thought those things looked good), I'm pulling for NW.

What is with the deal that OU is on ESPN+ all the time and these lower seeds get the best TV. I've followed softball for a long time and I honestly have come to the conclusion that NCAA softball does not like Patty and OU and seemingly does everything in their power to under rank us whenever possible, especially in the early years - but 2017 #10 was an embarrassment - and then when they have to rank us high - everything in their power to keep us off the screens.

Maybe I'm just bitter - but I also believe there are no coincidences. Did Patty pee in their lemonade or something?
Last edited by SoonerGirl1201 on Fri May 26, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JSULL60

Post by JSULL60 »

:ou: Northwestern just hit a home run off of Fouts and have 1-0 lead
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

SoonerGirl1201 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:28 pm Totally off subject - or on subject - I'm watching the NW v Bama game and I love the NW pitcher. Other than the fact that their uniform tops look like purple candy striper tops (seriously? Not sure who thought those things looked good), I'm pulling for NW.

What is with the deal that OU is on ESPN+ all the time and these lower seeds get the best TV. I've followed softball for a long time and I honestly have come to the conclusion that NCAA softball does not like Patty and OU and seemingly does everything in their power to under rank us whenever possible, especially in the early years - but 2017 #10 was an embarrassment - and then when they have to rank us high - everything in their power to keep us off the screens.

Maybe I'm just bitter - but I also believe there are no coincidences. Did Patty pee in their lemonade or something?
I feel ya
White River

Post by White River »

I think it goes back to the criticism that the Sooners can go through the entire post season and never leave the State. I think the NCAA is hypersensitive to that complaint (that typically comes from the SEC teams) and tries to do some things unfavorable to the Sooners so they can counter the criticism. The truth is, what this OU team is doing is great for Softball, the NCAA and women's sports in general and the NCAA would be wise to fan the flames on OU's behalf.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

JSULL60 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:33 pm :ou: Northwestern just hit a home run off of Fouts and have 1-0 lead
did that game just start or has Fouts been pitching awhile?
aka Crimson47