Grace

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
Gandalf

Grace

Post by Gandalf »

Ms Lyons made the news today and thought you would like to see it:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/oklahoma- ... ings-store

Good luck to her in her future endeavors.
You shall not pass
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Gandalf wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:28 am Ms Lyons made the news today and thought you would like to see it:

Thank you for posting the link for this article. It was a great read.
No one has ever posted, that I can recall, whether Grace has been the one leading the prayers in the player prayer circle after each game, I've just always assumed it was Grace.
But that now makes me wonder who is going to be the next "Team Chaplain" if you will for the 2024 Sooners and beyond.
Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks again for the article--great read.
aka Crimson47
The Far Journey

Post by The Far Journey »

Gandalf wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:28 am Ms Lyons made the news today and thought you would like to see it:

Thanks, Gandalf. Good catch. OU softball has gone beyond the sports pages and other media. They've been all over the news throughout the country. A segment was done Friday on the Fox News show Outnumbered in which they showed a longer clip of Alyssa, Grace and Jayda, and then as these shows go, the panelist talked about it, in this case in glowing terms. One of them even said OU was a favorite sports team of hers.

Also, on Monday, wearing my 2022 OU National Championship T-shirt, I went to lunch at a small cafe in Bonner's Ferry, Idaho, thirty miles from the Canadian border. Someone at the next table said I'd have to get a new T-shirt now. I told him I had the 2023 Natty shirt on order. It turns out he'd seen clips of the game and the presser and was so impressed he'd be following the team in the future. The OU softball team and the character the players possess has substantial reach.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

TropicalSooner wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:15 am

Thank you for posting the link for this article. It was a great read.
No one has ever posted, that I can recall, whether Grace has been the one leading the prayers in the player prayer circle after each game, I've just always assumed it was Grace.
But that now makes me wonder who is going to be the next "Team Chaplain" if you will for the 2024 Sooners and beyond.
Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks again for the article--great read.
I think the prayer circle leader is going to interesting to watch in 2024. I am trying hard to remember if the 'circle' existed around the pitcher's circle after games before 2019. I need help, I think.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

LOL......wish I could.....sorry! :confusedplus:
aka Crimson47
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

I think Kinzie will take the lead as the captain of the team and I'm thinking maybe either her or Brito or Boone will be the prayer leader in the post game circle.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

I had been thinking about Boone myself.
aka Crimson47
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

I first got a taste os Grace's character watching the Hang Time videos she made withj her then boyfriend , now f future husband Michael Turk . I hope my two boys are lucky enough to end up with a woman of her character in their lives . I wish her the very best in life .
123gone

Post by 123gone »

She was a great player of Oklahoma
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

SoonerGirl1201 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:19 am I think Kinzie will take the lead as the captain of the team and I'm thinking maybe either her or Brito or Boone will be the prayer leader in the post game circle.
From what I've seen those 3 are the most outspoken proponents of Christianity and devotion to God. It also seems that Grace Lyons is/was the most influential in promoting that belief and enthusiasm, and might have been the person who initiated such dedication.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

It will definitely be interesting whether the team continues to profess as much faith as they did when Grace was there and was their spiritual leader.