The Kominsky Method

Your favorites
BudaSooner

The Kominsky Method

Post by BudaSooner »

Was browsing Netflix the other night and came across this. Came out in 2018, so goes to show how much I watch TV.
Quite dark humor, but maybe it's on account of my age and being a male with the associated prostate problems that resonated with me, I found it pretty entertaining. Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin are a hoot! Quite a cast - it also has Kathleen Turner in Seasons 2 & 3. Disclaimer: it has some adult topics and language, not for tender ears!
Seasons 1 & 2 (all 3 seasons, actually) were full of dark humor, as mentioned earlier. And I typically shy away from that type of movies, I prefer upbeat stuff... but the first two seasons, despite the dark humor, were really funny due to the great interaction of Arkin and Douglas. They played off each other very well, IMO.
Season 3? Meh, the producers/decision makers decided to wrap it up with a Season 3, but - - meh.

Overall, I'd recommend it, despite the dark humor aspect.

I would expect that OUChinaman would probably like this, due to his expressed enjoyment of "dark" humor

EDIT: In a case where real life imitates the film, Alan Arkin just passed away on June 29, a year or so after his character in the Kominsky Method kicked the bucket.
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...PROBABLY WOULD ENJOY IT,...only don't have Netflix.

My streaming entertainment is limited to Amazon Prime.

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice: