being able to post photos, videos, and pictures inline (that means in the actual post itself by by

This forum is a collection of helpful tips about features on the board. If you want to learn about board features, this is the place to go. If you are curious about something then post a question
ClaireOKC

being able to post photos, videos, and pictures inline (that means in the actual post itself by by

Post by ClaireOKC »

OU_Tom and I are really nuts about this new board and all the things that it can do. Tom is really more acquainted with the nuts and bolts of what all this new board can do than I am and is having fun playing around with things to see what works and what doesn't work. But then Tom's a code genius. I'm not. As a matter of fact, if you have any code about, you will want to put it up and away from even seeing me, cause when code sees me, it goes all twitchy and starts spouting error messages in languages they haven't even invented yet.

So I thought I'd do a little intro here to some fabulous things that the board can do, being as I'm not one of those folks who knows code, understands code, can read code, doesn't know what code is, and code makes my eyes go numb and glossy and I usually drop into complete out-of-orbit zone after reading two lines of code! IOW, I don't get code at all!!! But boy do I love pictures and graphics!!!

But what I love even more is being able to post photos, videos, and pictures inline (that means in the actual post itself) so that you don't have to go over to another site to see the video, and you can even read what's below the video when you see it....and it doesn't always have to be from YouTube...this one is from ESPN

And say you want to post another one from Facebook......the welcome ceremony for Venables from OU

I mean really is that not cool? You do that with the light blue button on the toolbar with the "play" icon in the middle. Just copy the link of the video you want to post and then click on that light blue button and scroll through (you'll see lots - listed below - sources), and pick the source and then paste in the link and click insert media and boom - it shows up INLINE IN YOUR POST LIKE YOU'RE SOME SORT OF PROFESSIONAL BBCODE POSTER!!!!

Here's a list of sources they can use....lots....

Or say you want to post a cute little ditty that I whipped up in my spare time.....

The possibilities are endless.....

And BTW, if you have any visual requests (like a variation on the "Making of a new Killer B..." I'm always open to those!

I'll try and post some more little tidbits up here about the new features of this board!
Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

That is so cool!! Thanks so much for the help and I love this new board format.

One question on the pop up for YouTube and other video. I post on iphone 99.9% and when I click on the blue play looking button it doesn’t show the pop up menu. Is that likely because of iphone? It does insert a media[]media into the post like when posting pics you would insert code in between. But I don’t think it works for all formats as a generic option?

I will say the twitter paste is outstanding. So many options on here and I thank you and Tom and anyone else for all the hard work making this new site. Its really cool.
In Brent I Trust :D
OU_Tom

Post by OU_Tom »

Check your settings. Most of issues people have on safari have to do with default safari settings. Try to allow cross site tracking

I could click on Claire's link above and it works fine on Android. It wouldn't work on my iPad ( using safari) until I changed cross site tracking

Try to
1) allowing cross site tracking and/or 3rd party cookies.
2) use crome
690EBB71-7B91-43DE-9DF8-7C3B4E78EC86.jpeg
690EBB71-7B91-43DE-9DF8-7C3B4E78EC86.jpeg (109.83 KiB) Viewed 727 times
::rice2:: :dude:
K2C Sooner

Post by K2C Sooner »

Any chance you could pin this (or something similar)? I would hate to have this disappear from the front page just when I might want to use it and need a reminder how to. :confusedplus:
[