I might think that Lebby may be putting up a good offense.

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
walt

I might think that Lebby may be putting up a good offense.

Post by walt »

Not being a fan of Jeff Lebby as OU's OC I might get more friendly for his offense, that is assuming Lebby can come close to the Tulsa in the future as his offense looked pretty good.
"
Brent Venables will be the next "B" of a heck OU Head Coach."
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

Yes the Lebby offense was good against Tulsa….
RussC

Post by RussC »

In my ideal world, OU and Lebby have fantastic success together for another 2-3 years, at which point Lebby takes a head coaching job somewhere, and OU gets pick of the litter to replace him.
#Mentally In Portal
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Lebby can make me both happy and sad within 15 minutes. When he uncorks the offense they look unstoppable. And then he can go in a shell and just perplex me. I think he’s a great coach but sometimes outsmarts himself trying to put square peg in round hole.
In Brent I Trust :D
OldTimer

Post by OldTimer »

I’m just not a fan of the HUNH. It’s nice to have it in your repertoire in case you need it, but you better be able to prove you can slow it down and play smash mouth football if you need to. So far he hasn’t really shown he can do that.
“Come now, let us reason together “
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

OldTimer wrote:I’m just not a fan of the HUNH. It’s nice to have it in your repertoire in case you need it, but you better be able to prove you can slow it down and play smash mouth football if you need to. So far he hasn’t really shown he can do that

OT please help me out here ...what are you saying?
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
BixSooner

Post by BixSooner »

HUNH = Hurry Up No Huddle
BixSooner

Post by BixSooner »

Zgeo is spot on, in that we look great against Tulsa.

OU’s offense did not exactly run wild against Tulsa, while throwing for a ton. Will the better teams be able to limit our downfield throws while putting a minimum amount of bodies in the box to stop the run? And will we still be able to put (lots of) points on the board?

Not to change the subject, but to me, this is such a huge game this week. We were 3 and 0 last year, with our D looking pretty salty only to see us get exposed on the 4th, and 5th, and 6th games. We need to keep up the good work on the defensive side.
walt

Post by walt »

BixSooner wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:29 pm Zgeo is spot on, in that we look great against Tulsa.

OU’s offense did not exactly run wild against Tulsa, while throwing for a ton. Will the better teams be able to limit our downfield throws while putting a minimum amount of bodies in the box to stop the run? And will we still be able to put (lots of) points on the board?

Not to change the subject, but to me, this is such a huge game this week. We were 3 and 0 last year, with our D looking pretty salty only to see us get exposed on the 4th, and 5th, and 6th games. We need to keep up the good work on the defensive side.
I'm pretty sure OU's offense did exactly run wild against Tulsa :confusedplus: My thinking is that the coaches gave lots of 2nd teamers play a lot and gave them some of the injuries a little rest of a few of the 1st teamers. We might show up pretty strong against Cincy, as they haven't showed a lot of power. We will see.
"
Brent Venables will be the next "B" of a heck OU Head Coach."
Rough Rider

Post by Rough Rider »

I see a lot to like in this offense that Lebby put together but I have to say I'm not a fan of Lebby's playcalling. Running game doesn't appear where it should be right now to me either.
Poster formerly known as tbmguy
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Running game doesn't appear where it should be right now to me either.........That would be Demarcos Call,and as for this whole thread.as long as Lebby is meeting BV's expectations,I'm pretty sure he'll be there as long as he wants.Fan of him or not ; the guy is our OC.(for now)
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

So far they are loading the box to stop the run. Ain't working, just opening up the passing game and Lebby is destroying them.

We will see what Cinncy throws at us... Meanwhile... :dillon: :dillon: :dillon: :dude:
RussC

Post by RussC »

Oklahombre wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:28 pm So far they are loading the box to stop the run. Ain't working, just opening up the passing game and Lebby is destroying them.

We will see what Cinncy throws at us... Meanwhile... :dillon: :dillon: :dillon: :dude:
Hombre: what do you think about the idea of taking our TEs off the field and replacing with wideouts? TEs just not in our game plan anyway except for blocking (and I’m not seeing the TEs do much run game blocking). Meanwhile we seem to be very deep in playmaking WRs that need more snaps.
#Mentally In Portal
Oklahombre

Post by Oklahombre »

RussC wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:44 pm
Oklahombre wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:28 pm So far they are loading the box to stop the run. Ain't working, just opening up the passing game and Lebby is destroying them.

Hombre: what do you think about the idea of taking our TEs off the field and replacing with wideouts? TEs just not in our game plan anyway except for blocking (and I’m not seeing the TEs do much run game blocking). Meanwhile we seem to be very deep in playmaking WRs that need more snaps.
Oh my Russ...You asked the wrong person to answer anything about what the coaches run. It's just way over my head until someone points it out to me.

I do understand the Wishbone offense. That has about three plays to understand..

Maybe a coaching-type poster can answer you. @Shelstin ??
Rough Rider

Post by Rough Rider »

WishBone wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:14 pm Running game doesn't appear where it should be right now to me either.........That would be Demarcos Call,and as for this whole thread.as long as Lebby is meeting BV's expectations,I'm pretty sure he'll be there as long as he wants.Fan of him or not ; the guy is our OC.(for now)
Yeah, I don’t really mean that I want to run Lebby off. Like I said, I like the offense he’s put together and no matter who it is there will be something to complain about. Lebby’s play calling though… that’s where I’ll complain.
Poster formerly known as tbmguy