Over Reaction Sunday

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
Zgeo

Over Reaction Sunday

Post by Zgeo »

Wow….where was this the last three games???? It felt like an alternate universe…Stogner catching passes, Kanak playing well, Sawchuck running well..

Just finish out the year on a high note

Fwiw i heard during the tv broadcast that the Big12 admitted they missed the PI on Stoops at the end of Bedlam…

:dillon: :dillon: :dillon: :dillon: :BV: :ou:
SoonerTony

Post by SoonerTony »

Not much to complain about in that one. Hopefully we can finish the season strong and get some help to make it to Arlington.
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

I'm just glad that Jeff took the time to read and heed the advice given by the ST posters! :D
Pokerman

Post by Pokerman »

SoonerTony wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:03 am Not much to complain about in that one. Hopefully we can finish the season strong and get some help to make it to Arlington.
That's all well and good, but it doesn't fix anything. I'll bet the a-hole ref who blew the call didn't even get reprimanded.
SD-OU

Post by SD-OU »

Pokerman wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:17 am
SoonerTony wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:03 am Not much to complain about in that one. Hopefully we can finish the season strong and get some help to make it to Arlington.
That's all well and good, but it doesn't fix anything. I'll bet the a-hole ref who blew the call didn't even get reprimanded.
He probably got a raise and a thank you from the Big 12 Commissioner.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

I think yesterday showed what you can expect when you play your best back and don't have running back by committee. Sawchuck showed what he can do and was trusted for most of the game. Let's keep going in that direction.
You shall not pass
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Only 2 beefs

The last O series before half. Felt with big lead we should Sawchuk and burn clock. We passed twice and did not connect which saved clock for WV. We won game so it never mattered but this is overeaction thread

Refs. They aided 2 TD drives by WV, the one before half and then the one after. Criminal cheating conference. This will bite them long term. To get big future games they will have to cater to SEC or B10. And teams will remember what they did to Ou/tx on the way out. Any games they get will be road games. I hope OU never plays another B12 team once gone.

Really great game we were in control. Defense makes me giddy with their goaline stops. One after another after another and then again on 4th. That tells us again the changes in this team. I lost count this year how many 4th down stops we’ve made its a massive upgrade.

Sawchuk has really broken out lately, where was he prior games?

And what else can you say about Drake! He will play on Sundays. Wes Welker type. Some team will get a steal drafting him late round or UDFA. He used to be the emergancy throw but now is a primary throw.

Gabriel had an outstanding game even with some early TD misses. I was worried late we used him to run, but that man is a workhorse and gives it all. He made tons of great reads and I noticed he scanned field for options, vice locked in in one. Broke an OU record for having 8 TDs! Pretty amazing with the great QBs we’ve had.

I wanted to see Jackson to get him SEC ready. But after game it was said by staff they are trying to red shirt him. Said if he was needed they’d use him but trying not to. I understand it but don’t like it for a few reasons:

1. Because of this red shirt thing it means they are keeping DG in games longer than needed thus exposing him to injury risk. The drop from DG to our 3rd stringer is big.

2. I am looking at next year. Its important we do well our first year in SEC. That conf is tough and will eat you up. I wanted JA to face some pressure plays so he can learn and work on it off season. Nothing can replicate live action. I think he is good enough to shine, but wanted him to get some run.

Remember, the SEC doesn’t have 3 preseason games then go to conf games. They play some conf games in week 1. They spread games out over all season. So we could face Bama week 1 or LSU or Tenn. or week 2. Thats why I wanted to get him playing time. I wish if they were going to redshirt him they had not used up his 4 games early season and saved for later.
In Brent I Trust :D
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Amazing transformation

OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Zgeo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:26 pm Wow….where was this the last three games???? It felt like an alternate universe…Stogner catching passes, Kanak playing well, Sawchuck running well..

Just finish out the year on a high note

Fwiw i heard during the tv broadcast that the Big12 admitted they missed the PI on Stoops at the end of Bedlam…

:dillon: :dillon: :dillon: :dillon: :BV: :ou:
My thought exactly Zgeo.....where in the he!! has that team been the last three games???

Wasn't perfect but good heavens! what a breath of fresh air. Loved seeing Stutsman back. Was glad to see Stutsman and Lewis working together. Sawchuck was awesome. Gabriel---what a great night he had!

Hope this team is the one that goes out to Provo next weekend.

Anybody have a current injury list??
aka Crimson47
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

This is so awesome! Love the RufNek commemt too lol.

captnop

Post by captnop »

I was there BTW the SEC chants were purely to piss off the refs .... Which I participated in as soon as I saw much it got under their skin......
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

One last thing.....

Not that I ever will......but if I ever find myself in a bar fight....

I hope I've got Mettauer standing next to me.
aka Crimson47
captnop

Post by captnop »

Did you see the Fist bump from Pres Harroz as he left the field ?? Classic
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

YES!
Awesome!
aka Crimson47