not sure if this has been posted but....

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
Boomerthang

not sure if this has been posted but....

Post by Boomerthang »

Does anyone else have a problem with the stadium lights going off after a score?

Gets kinda annoying.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

I said something to my son at the game last night about it and he said "OK boomer, going to yell at the clouds next"? For the record, I am an Xer but I guess Boomer is the "old guy" description for us with more gray in our hair.

I don't have a problem with it, while I think it is kind of dumb, the young people like it. Anything to get the young ones into the stadium works for me.
You shall not pass
RussC

Post by RussC »

The refs are unable to see properly to enforce unsportsmanlike conduct rules when the lights go off
#Mentally In Portal
soonerindallas

Post by soonerindallas »

OU has gone overboard on the whole media/music/noise effect at games. Went to a game a couple of years ago and was so tired of having my senses assaulted by the constant barrage of noise. Let the crowd/fans be the noise makers!!
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

" having my senses assaulted by the constant barrage of noise." ..............................................This is Frickin Hilarious !!!!!!!!!!
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

RussC wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:18 pm The refs are unable to see properly to enforce unsportsmanlike conduct rules when the lights go off
RussC, the Big12 refs are unable to see properly with lights on......they dang sure ain't gonna see a thing when the lights are off :D
RussC

Post by RussC »

AllSooner wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:25 pm
RussC wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:18 pm The refs are unable to see properly to enforce unsportsmanlike conduct rules when the lights go off
RussC, the Big12 refs are unable to see properly with lights on......they dang sure ain't gonna see a thing when the lights are off :D
Same either way!
#Mentally In Portal
Bronco

Post by Bronco »

soonerindallas wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:30 pm OU has gone overboard on the whole media/music/noise effect at games. Went to a game a couple of years ago and was so tired of having my senses assaulted by the constant barrage of noise. Let the crowd/fans be the noise makers!!
I wrote a letter last year to Castiglione about this. The noise is really excessive! That guy who introduces all the petty diversions from the game yells into the mike, the music is played way to loud, ear damaging loud, the band hardly gets to play. Fan noise is minimal because how can you compete with that. But the main thing I dislike is the game is not the focus the event is. I have started wearing ear protection.
:ou:
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

When I was young we used to say if it si too loud you are too old.. At age 63 I just turn down or off on my earing aid and I'm fine .
KJinSkiatook

Post by KJinSkiatook »

AllSooner wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:25 pm
It’s not that they can’t see but that they refuse to see!!🙈🙈🙈
Living the dream…
pippen

Post by pippen »

WishBone wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:13 pm " having my senses assaulted by the constant barrage of noise." ..............................................This is Frickin Hilarious !!!!!!!!!!
Exceedingly accurate actually.
pippen

Post by pippen »

Bronco wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:40 pm
soonerindallas wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:30 pm OU has gone overboard on the whole media/music/noise effect at games. Went to a game a couple of years ago and was so tired of having my senses assaulted by the constant barrage of noise. Let the crowd/fans be the noise makers!!
I wrote a letter last year to Castiglione about this. The noise is really excessive! That guy who introduces all the petty diversions from the game yells into the mike, the music is played way to loud, ear damaging loud, the band hardly gets to play. Fan noise is minimal because how can you compete with that. But the main thing I dislike is the game is not the focus the event is. I have started wearing ear protection.
:ou:
My main objection to all the nonsense is that it takes the crowd out of the game.
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Boomerthang wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:09 pm Does anyone else have a problem with the stadium lights going off after a score?

Gets kinda annoying.
All I know is the recruits love it and the lights. I see a lot of their social media posts and they seem to use the show as a highlight. Whatever gets us top recruits I’m for. I think we are at 23 or 24 years of sellouts in a row?

Maybe can delay tge TD lights if players are still on ground though.

In Brent I Trust :D
JoeSooner

Post by JoeSooner »

I went to my first game in a few years Saturday, and it's definitely different. It's like an NBA game with the constant barrage of video and crowd bits. I think it's designed for the younger generations short attention span. Definitely made me feel old cause I was sitting there remembering no video board, when I could sit on the top row of the student section and smoke cigarettes while watching the game and listening to the in stadium broadcast signal on my portable radio.

I was setting pretty low in the North end zone, so maybe it's louder higher up, but I was thinking the crowd seemed very quiet most of the game, like being in a big movie theatre instead of a must-win conference game.
I make big plays in big games, that's all.
Fly

Post by Fly »

Dang Joe I forgot how old you have gotten. Are you getting grey headed yet🤔 hummmmmmmm?

🪰Fly :BV: :ou: 😂