Our 2023 Pick'em Champion is...

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
EMan

Our 2023 Pick'em Champion is...

Post by EMan »

Congratulations to our 2023 Pick’em Champion, OU-Native!! Way to go, bro!! Well done! I present to you the keys to the Pick’em penthouse! Enjoy your stay in our luxurious suite overlooking the entire SoonerTimes empire for the next year! Take a victory lap, and when you get back to the clubhouse, turn a few doughnuts in the infield and spray the champagne! You’ve earned your place in the sun! Winning a regular season title in our little contest ain’t no easy task! Congrats once again on a job well done!

And congratulations also go out to the rest of our 2023 Top Five for outstanding seasons as well! Triple Option came oh so close to pulling off the Dave Wottle miracle kick at the end, as he came within a Louisville win over a struggling FSU team from nosing out Native at the wire. TO, you and Native differed on 3 picks, and you won the first two, but couldn’t quite pull of the trifecta you needed to close the deal. Oh so close, but denied at the tape. But needless to say, a great season for you as well! Rounding out the rest of our 2023 Top Five we have Soonerator sitting in third, followed by Bixby_Sooner and OUcharlie in fourth and fifth respectively. Great job everyone on a very tough season. It should also be noted that OU Guy fell just short at the tape, as he was only one-point short of cracking the Top Five himself. What a race this year! You can see the final regular season standings by clicking HERE.

But let’s not gloss over our final weekly winner for 2023, MHSooner. MH threw a perfect game this week, nailing every single championship game winner. Outstanding, MH!! You can’t improve on perfection! Holding down the runner-up spot this week is Fiascosdad, just missing an el perfecto himself when Liberty managed to hold off New Mexico St. Nice effort Fiasco! The rest of our Week 14 Top Five are Chiefs16 in third, followed by a tie for fourth between mthatch190 and the aforementioned Triple Option. Great week everyone. A lot of tough games to pick, but the cream always rises!

As a recap, here are our weekly winners for 2023:

Week 1 - Bronco
Week 2 – OU Chinaman, Wishbone & MHSooner (3-way tie)
Week 3 – pippen
Week 4 – IMAsooner
Week 5 – Fiascosdad
Week 6 – Echo
Week 7 – Chiefs16
Week 8 – Soonerator
Week 9 – soonerTroll2
Week 10 – soonerTroll2
Werk 11 – Triple Option
Week 12 – OU-Native
Week 13 – formulaS
Week 14 – MHSooner

Congrats to each of you! Winning one of our weekly bragging rights is extremely hard to do!

And one final bit of housekeeping to do before closing, and that’s to announce the winner of the Oklahombre vs. OU Chinaman “Mano y Mano Grudge Match”. And this year, Oklahombre brings home the bacon! Well done, hombre! It got very tight making the turn to home, but you managed to find a second gear down the stretch and finally put this year’s battle to rest. Congrats and enjoy your bragging rights!

So that’s it for the 2023 version of our Pick’em contest. I want to sincerely thank all those that played this year. It’s really fun to have so many participate in our little contest. And the Good Lord willing, I hope to be back next season to do it all over again!

But wait! This season isn’t over just yet. There’s still bowl games to go, and that means the Pick’em Bowl Game Extravaganza is still to come! Our bowl contest is a one-shot game where the winner takes all! I’ll have those games up after the matchups are decided, so be looking for it. Everyone gets one final chance for redemption!

Again, thanks for playing, congrats to our winners, but most importantly, thanks for all you do!
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Congrats OU-Native, well done! This is a hard contest with so many games over the season and how many flip last minute or go to OT.

And thanks Eman for runnimg the contest its a great game to get us looking at so many matchups we might not normally.

I went for some upsets this weekend and it cost me 5th place by 1 point. We have some great pickers here!

Hate to see another football season winding down it goes so fast. Looking forward to the bowl picks!
In Brent I Trust :D
Fly

Post by Fly »

Man great job, it is so hard in winning E-Mans contest. I play every year, but have only place in the top 10, but I still love trying.

Way to go my brother! 🪰Fly :BV: :ou:
Triple Option

Post by Triple Option »

Congrats to MHSooner for this week and OU-Native for the season championship!

And thanks E-man, for doing this yet again this year!
Last edited by Triple Option on Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
- Bilbo Baggins
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...echoing TO...Congrats to MHSooner for the Final Week and OU-Native for the Season Title!

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
OU-Native

Post by OU-Native »

Thanks, everyone. I have been playing this contest since it began and only managed to be in the top 15 maybe once before now. The games just fell my way this year. Huge thanks to my brother, Eman, for putting this all together each year and his humorous recaps each week. And congrats to all the weekly winners. On to the bowl contest!
Bixby_Sooner

Post by Bixby_Sooner »

Congratulations OU-Native, for a job well done!
A commitment is NOT a reservation - Brent Venables 3/21/22