Tim Brando

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
StatesEye

Tim Brando

Post by StatesEye »

Not a big fan. I find him snarky second only to Sean McDonough. I don't know how Spencer puts up with him.

With that stated......he's correct here:
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

I didn’t listen to the video yet since some are sleeping. But the title tells me Brandon’s opinion.

I have considered this issue a couple of days now and here is mu opinion.

CFB is different now. Players are paid. Players transfer . Coaches make millions every year and move around. CFB is now a professional sport. The upstream machine feeding money into the pro sport of CFB is TV revenue. What TV revenue needs and/or wants is what now happens in CFB. TV revenue wants the best games in the playoff. FSU without their starting QB does not provide a good matchup for the playoff. That is it….

There is no corruption. CFB is no longer like church league softball where the record is the final arbiter of playoffs.

I could go on…but that is it….CFB is a pro sport…. :deadhorse:
StatesEye

Post by StatesEye »

Zgeo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:19 am What TV revenue needs and/or wants is what now happens in CFB. TV revenue wants the best games in the playoff. FSU without their starting QB does not provide a good matchup for the playoff. That is it….

There is no corruption. CFB is no longer like church league softball where the record is the final arbiter of playoffs.

Mostly agree...

I still think it's been corrupted. If we are going this way, get the committee out of it. Find a way to decide it on the field of play.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

They say the 4 best teams. They pick the 4 best, ITO.

We all saw last year what happened when our starting QB was out due to concussion.

I am not upset about the 4 in the playoff. :boohoo: Any of the 4 could win it. :bow:

:deadhorse: FSU without their QB is not winning a playoff game.
StatesEye

Post by StatesEye »

Zgeo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:43 am They say the 4 best teams. They pick the 4 best, ITO.

We all saw last year what happened when our starting QB was out due to concussion.

I am not upset about the 4 in the playoff. :boohoo: Any of the 4 could win it. :bow:

"FSU is gonna walk OU. Everyone knows this game should be between Miami and Florida St."
-Talking Head, December 2000

And the Talking Heads were correct..... The majority of college football fans wanted to see "the two best teams" play that year.
Welp, they got justice instead.
Rough Rider

Post by Rough Rider »

College football has been corrupted into a pro sport. Saying it’s not corrupt because it’s a pro sport misses the point imo.
Poster formerly known as tbmguy
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

If tv revenue didn’t control actions we would still be in the Big 8…
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

StatesEye wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:52 am
Zgeo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:43 am They say the 4 best teams. They pick the 4 best, ITO.

"FSU is gonna walk OU. Everyone knows this game should be between Miami and Florida St."
-Talking Head, December 2000

And the Talking Heads were correct..... The majority of college football fans wanted to see "the two best teams" play that year.
Welp, they got justice instead.
Oklahoma was undefeated won CCG and ranked #1 there was no real case for anyone else….
FSU was ACC conf champ with one loss and ranked #2….
soonerTroll2

Post by soonerTroll2 »

Got to disagree Zgeo, If it was a pro sport there would be an agreed upon criteria before the season and then the results on the field would decide the outcome. That's how professional sports are run.
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

soonerTroll2 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:41 am I could go on…but that is it….CFB is a pro sport…. :deadhorse:
Got to disagree Zgeo, If it was a pro sport there would be an agreed upon criteria before the season and then the results on the field would decide the outcome. That's how professional sports are run.
They didn’t change anything it was always “ the best 4” in the opinion of the committee…..