Dec 18th Pictures of Love's Field Construction

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

Dec 18th Pictures of Love's Field Construction

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Pictures from 12-18:

This is from across Jenkins looking west. You can see the 3 scoreboard support beams just to the left of the tree. If you enlarge the pic, just to the left of the telephone pole you can see the 3 Flag Poles for the State of Oklahoma Flag, the US Flag and the OU Flag. The center pole is lined up with the light bole for the baseball field behind it. the flag ploe rises above the light pole as you can see the brass ball on top of the 3 poles.
12186299.jpeg
12186299.jpeg (631.36 KiB) Viewed 818 times
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

12-18 - In this picture you can see the almost finished 1B Facility as they are working on the roof and some of the trim work.
12186304.jpeg
12186304.jpeg (517.4 KiB) Viewed 816 times
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

12-18 - In this picture you can see the retaining wall that is being built in the entry area to Love's Field. I think there will end up being steps or ramps up either side to get up on the main level of the facility.
12186305.jpeg
12186305.jpeg (552.35 KiB) Viewed 816 times
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

12-18 - there are several things in this picture. You can see the finished trim and roof on the BP/Practice Facility. Remember that maybe 40% of this building is below ground grade.

There has been an entry added off of Imhoff (south of the stadium) that can be entered by cars to access 40-ish parking spots. As you can see there are two walkways/ramps added for people to walk in to the facility walking east then north up to the 3B Building Facility.

If you look very close, on the left side of the BP/Practie Facility you can see the 3 flag poles (white with brass balls on top).

To the far left you can see a building being built that may be an entrance that may be coming into the stadium from the north side of the gymnastics facility. I have not figured out the purpose of this building yet but it is in all the drawings.
12186308.jpeg
12186308.jpeg (450.18 KiB) Viewed 816 times
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

12-18 - This picture is taken standing in the LNC Parking lot looking north across Imhoff, in into the Love's Field grounds. I expect to see a crosswalk added here for a pedestrian walkway from the LNC parking lot. I would guess that once inside the Love's Field ground, there will be a walking path that winds over the SE corner where the retaining wall for the entrance is being built (in an earlier picture).
12186336.jpeg
12186336.jpeg (619.92 KiB) Viewed 819 times
NewkirkSooner

Post by NewkirkSooner »

Thanks!
OU Guy

Post by OU Guy »

Thanks for posting these!!

Hard to tell from pics but could that unidentified building be a temporary construction building since winter is here and a place store things until done (and then tear down)?

Also, will the blue trim stay on other buildings? Assumed we’d have team colors for building trim.
In Brent I Trust :D
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

OU Guy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:55 am Thanks for posting these!!

Hard to tell from pics but could that unidentified building be a temporary construction building since winter is here and a place store things until done (and then tear down)?

Also, will the blue trim stay on other buildings? Assumed we’d have team colors for building trim.
As for the building on the far west side, it is in every Love's Field drawing package. I originally thought there would be a parking area over there maybe for players and parents and that this would be the gate that the parents entered on game days. But with the parking provided off of Imhoff that has been added, I am not so sure.

I think it might be a delivery entrance or a worker entrance for game days. I am guessing on those two.

I do not believe that the blue trim remain blue. On the BP/Practice Building the vertical beams that are become bricked with a white/off-white rail in the center and a white/off-white cap at the top. I assume that will be applied to the remaining blue vertical beams on the other buildings.

As for the horizontal blue beams, I do not know. But until one of them is "finished" I cannot guess what they will look like in the future.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

With all the really mild weather we have had this December, I have to believe that the construction may actually be a bit ahead of schedule. Will be turning more seasonal late next week but still...it's been abnormally warm this fall and winter, and while we've had some occasional rain, I wouldn't think it has been so much as to cause significant delays anywhere.
Being a little bit ahead of schedule at this point would be a nice cushion to have going into the heart of the coldest part of winter.
aka Crimson47
tycat947

Post by tycat947 »

OU Guy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:55 am Thanks for posting these!!

I believe the building on the left has been shown in design photos for the stadium from the beginning. I would guess it’s for storage for mowers, etc for the field maintenance since it’s close to the only field entrance through the tunnel???
1KCSoonerFan

Post by 1KCSoonerFan »

I like this guess the most. Facilities need support and maintenance on a large scale at a school like OU. Love's Field will need a shop for a dedicated crew of workers, their equipment, and supplies to keep it all runnin' and hummin'.