Players knowing their role!

A new coach, new recruits, and a new attitude,
SoonerLee

Players knowing their role!

Post by SoonerLee »

My post on dec 23 suggested we need to play the twin towers more often. Like what i see more playing time for both. It's a shame we waited until conference play to start giving them more minutes loss opportunity better late than never!
We are not a good shooting team as of now, maybe we will improve. Bottom 5 in the league in field goal percentage and only one team worst in 3-point shooting that being UC. We shoot more 3 than 12 teams in the big 12.
Good rebounding team and steals. We are tied for last in turnovers with UCF. Block shoots are a plus with the twin towers.
Players need to know their roles on the team. Good shooters should shoot other should learn their roles, so much more to the game of basketball than shooting.
Impress with Payton's over all game wondered why she was getting so many minutes went back and re-watched the last 5 games. She is knowledgeable about the game of basketball, and she has lot positive things in her game. I suggest she shoots less and less ball handling to reduce turn overs.
I would like to see Johnson with the starters to see how she fits in she definitely is a rim protector which will be help full.
defensively I like Sahara, Payton, Reyna and kenaday. Sahara has a fast motor and is strong.
Vann is a special player and needs to be on the floor more minutes.
I like how Jennie plays so many players and does a good job spreading minutes around. This team has a high ceiling if everything comes together it's going to be fun to watch.
JMHO
Lee
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I like what 'SoonerLee' says in his post above.

I also think that Kierston johnson has probably earned a chance to play with the starting 'five/four' players simply due to her defense, shot-blocking and rebound. Maybe she gets that chance on Wednesday night in Manhattan.

As 'SoonerLee' said, the team is not a good shooting team. I think that several players who shoot 3's with no defensive player within 10 feet of her, should take a couple dribbles forward and shoot the ball from 12 feet in instead of 18 feet. Williams would be one of those players. maybe Verhulst from time to time and maybe Scott. 2 out of 4 twelve footers scores more points than 1 out of 4 three's.

While the turnovers have dropped lately, you simply cannot afford more than 15 turnovers against good teams.

I think finding the sweet spot for Williams to play on offense and defense is a key for this team. I would like to see Scott play a bit more. I wish Van could play a bit more than 24 minutes a game, but I think she wears down past about 22 minutes or so, especially on defense. I think she is conditioned pretty well, but her effort is just high on the charts.