Coach KJ Kindler was on the Plank show today, anyone listen?

This is the forum to follow our National Champions Gymnastics team
OUBeliever56A

Coach KJ Kindler was on the Plank show today, anyone listen?

Post by OUBeliever56A »

I think that Coach KJ Kindler was on the Plank show today in the first half of the 9:00 AM hour. did anyone hear what Coach Kindler had to say about her teams great effort last Saturday?
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

The interview is available now on The Ref podcast lineup - just find The Ref and then look for hour 1 of the Plank show.

I didn’t take notes listen well enough to recap - sorry, but I’ll leave that to the experts! A few thoughts:

She talked about the first week and “state of the team” - sounds like Danny Sievers hurt her foot in December and is working her way back - I interpret she’ll rest a lot until later in the season. She also highlighted the meet this weekend against Utah, ucla and LSU, noting Utah was #2 and the others are top 10. She also said UCLA had to count a fall, so their first score isn’t indicative of where she expects them to be. Also pointed out it was a podium event and Utah and lsu haven’t been on podium yet this year, which may give Sooners bit of an edge.

There were some interesting comments about her serving in the sport rules committee. Sounds like there is an effort afoot to lessen the impact of degree of difficulty scoring, seemingly an effort to lessen the Sooner edge. Sounds like “Tiger-proofing” golf courses in the 90’s which just made it harder for everyone to compete with Tiger. When you’re better than everyone else, you’re still better when the rules are tweaked.
jmac11

Post by jmac11 »

Any word on danae fletcher's injury and when she might return?
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

jmac11 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:14 pm Any word on danae fletcher's injury and when she might return?
I noticed she was on crutches also.
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

I think Bart said that Danae's injury was an ankle or foot and that it happened the day before the meet (Friday). It's why Saraya was in the floor lineup and possibly why Dani was on the bars.

No idea how serious it is.