Fallout and Which one Suffers Most

Discussions on any and all things OU men's sports
WishBone

Fallout and Which one Suffers Most

Post by WishBone »

With the sudden retirement of Nick Saban University of Washington loses a Head Coach.Then the mass exodus of Bama players to the portal.I believe that currently 1/3 of the Bama roster is in the Portal and its not over yet.Also with DeBoer leaving Wahington for 'Bama has caused and exodus for the University of Washington also.As the trickle down affect starts its obvious that 'Bama will suffer the most;at least some say so.but in the end I dont know that to be True.Why you ask?Because the day Saban made his announcement it immediatley Sark,Lanning and Mike Norvell's name began to surface as possible Replacements.Well all three Universities Made the Knee Jrerk reaction that seems to be the new thing in CFB now;They Offered "Long Term Contracts to all Three to keep or lure them to stay put.Ok now my question is "Did nobody learn one single thing from the A&M Debacle?"
Jimbo was a DISASTER............Of the three its highly unlikely all three if any will reach the pinnacle of a CFB Natty in those ten years .Not that its impossible but its gonna be a challenge.In the end the universities end up coughing up huge amounts of $$$$$$ for basically nothing.So I think My point is in the end One of the Three Schools that signed the deals will be the big Loser in this whole fiasco.And Sark is at the top of my Hope List!!!Whats your Thoughts................................I would like to hear yours StatesEye? :D
Opinions are still "OK" ...Correct?
captnop

Post by captnop »

You ask a mighty hard to answer long term question .. I'm just hoping with all the upheaval OU can get a couple of good DT's. Maybe a LB just to be safe , from the portal. Yeah, it's really hard to tell how a coach will do at a given school right. The coaches before Saban didn't light the world on fire. Gene Stallings won a NC in 92 .. after he left .. they sucked up until Saban. You would think who could fail at Bama. Insert OU, SC, Ohio St, Mich, UT .. but it happens all the time. Who knows, seems to be a combination of the right coach at the right time. Hopefully BV is that guy for OU, Seems to be. It's gonna be a few years before we know about Bama and A&M , although A&M seems to always blunder along regardless of the coach. It will be interesting IF Harbaugh leaves UM for NFL AND Kelly leaves for UM.. then LSU has to play musical coaching chairs too.
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

catnop wrote:Harbaugh leaves UM for NFL AND Kelly leaves for UM.. then LSU has to play musical coaching chairs too.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zgeo

Post by Zgeo »

:eyes: Texassss will be fine Sark is good enough on offense to get very good QBs … nil gets the rest of the Texas players so texassss won’t suffer

Wash had a miracle year they drop like a rock in any case

Bama will falter with saban gone. They lost their mojo

So both Bama and Washington suffer
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Something more insufferable than Saban or Bama winning quite often would be anybody at Txass winning quite often. Geez I hope that doesn't happen!!! We need deeper pockets, I guess, or maybe some earthquakes in the right places.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

WishBone wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:53 pm catnop wrote:Harbaugh leaves UM for NFL AND Kelly leaves for UM.. then LSU has to play musical coaching chairs too.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lately, LSU has had pretty damn good luck with musical chairs, getting Saban with a NC at LSU, goofball Les Myles and his NC with 2 losses, then effing Orgeron. They're overdue for some ineffective coaching. :smokingmad:
AllSooner

Post by AllSooner »

Is it just me? I'll be looking forward to the fall of the elephants! The damn elephant fanbase deserves to be brought back down to earth. That will be fun to watch......
cushcreekmont

Post by cushcreekmont »

Hard to say which school suffers the most. If Harbaugh goes to the NFL, Mich will be in the running. They graduated a LOT from that NC team anyway. If they lose him and get Kelly they will be better than Washington.

Don't know who LSU might grab - maybe tbow will tell the SC players that he's not going to OU and then....
texsa sucks!
StatesEye

Post by StatesEye »

Of the three, I think Norvell is the more likely candidate as a costly mistake. Both Sark and Lanning are pretty good bets, IMO.

I wanted Sark to Alabama. I have to admit to being a Sarkisian fan........I cannot stand that he is coaching at Texas.
OU Chinaman

Post by OU Chinaman »

...not a fan of Sark!
USC & TX HC will prevent that forever.
Do wish the Tide had hired him away though. :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
captnop

Post by captnop »

OU Chinaman wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:07 am ...not a fan of Sark!
USC & TX HC will prevent that forever.
Do wish the Tide had hired him away though. :cool:

:ou: :ou: :ou: :rice:
Not sure I care about Sark one way or the other, except that's he :horns: coach so I care about that aspect. However he's kinda like Muleshoe. All about the offense, defense is a secondary thought. You can't win in the SEC on offense alone, Muleshoe knew this and ran away as fast as he could. I think BV will continue to field some salty defenses and they will only get better.
StatesEye

Post by StatesEye »

I respect what Sark has been able to overcome in the spiritual warfare that is chemical addiction. I will always cheer for victory in that arena........no matter who is fighting it.
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Couldn't agree more States but I just would not want him for my coach.
captnop

Post by captnop »

StatesEye wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:01 pm I respect what Sark has been able to overcome in the spiritual warfare that is chemical addiction. I will always cheer for victory in that arena........no matter who is fighting it.
I don't have any personal ill will toward the guy, I just hope he always loses to OU. I don't really pull for against him except when OU is involved. On that note I think it's better IF Texas beats a bunch of SEC teams, then OU beats UT. That way, we don't play UGA one year, but :horns: beats them and we beat UT. It's already been shown the playoff committee views that almost like OU beating UGA. Really as long as :ou: wins, they control their destiny. Always beat :hornsburning: and everyone else
WishBone

Post by WishBone »

Crazy Season Round II