If I had to rank a top 10ish right now (from gut), I would probably put:

1. OU
2. Tenn
3a. Texas
3b. Washington
3c. Clemson
3d. Stanford
7. Duke

Clemson may be the clear #3, but just not sure. Also, I might swap Washington and Stanford, other than Stanford has no offense. I know Stanford has struggled 2x with Kentucky, but I think just like last year they will be one of the teams finishing in the top 10. I haven't seen LSU, Georgia, Bama, Okla State but one or two of them would probably the next few up.
BudaSooner

Post by BudaSooner »

I would add that OU, while #1, is clearly showing some vulnerabilities this early in the season: LOVE Tiere, but - - sorry, kid, you're not gonna replace the vacuum cleaner G3. Which is OK, that is nearly an impossible task.
This latest version of the Gasso Girls is early on, and I have no doubt that they will round into form as the season progresses. Duke and UW were two very worthy opponents and we'll probably see them in OKC, assuming of course that the wheels don't come off the Schooner and we fail to make it ;).

Right now, I don't think that our pitching staff is on par with the pitching staffs of the last few years... Of course, that's a high bar to clear!

Bottom line: We leave Old Mexico with a 4-0 record. That is MUCH better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick....
Poster previously known as BlackwellSooner
cushcreekmont

Post by cushcreekmont »

I believe Stanford dropped THREE games.
Jennings is fine. Hitting well. Brito is a killer with her bat. My offensive concern is Coleman - early slump. Leading off, she sets the tone. We need her flashing that 400 average and huge OBP.

Walks and errors gave OUr last two opponents runs. Pitching could be better, but more about the walks than the hits given up.
texsa sucks!
waddy's ghost

Post by waddy's ghost »

U understand and share comcerns about OUr early season performances BUT I will rest on history ,as I recall we looked shaky the first weekend last season and we of course got on a championship roll. As for Jennings replacing Amazing Grace ,I would remind everyone that Grace suffered issues the early part of last year(I think first w
eekend) and committed 2 errors .She had only 1 the rest of the year .

Jayda's slow offensive start has me bewildered as I can NOT recall her ever having a slump like this BUT she has a three season body of work which seems overwhelming evidence that she will get her bat in order and SOONER rather then later ,