OU wins at Iowa St.

A new coach, new recruits, and a new attitude,
SwampSooner

OU wins at Iowa St.

Post by SwampSooner »

OU 86 -ISU 72. Looks like Sooners led throughout game.

Funny how things work out. The easiest victory was the game I was most concerned about winning.
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

I was worried about this game as well. I hadn't seen Iowa St play this year. They are not the Iowa St of old. Still take a lot of 3's, but don't hit the percentage they need.

They have a 6'-3" freshman post player that's large. She backs/pushes defenders close to the basket and then shoots. She does not have a mid-range game. We started shutting her down when the double teams started.

I'm not at all impressed with their point guard.
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

I didn’t watch this game live - went back and watched it Sunday morning. Based on the score and the fact that we led by as much as 18-20, I expected to see us dominate, have low turnovers, shoot really well. Instead, we were just tougher and grittier than ISU was throughout the game. We weren’t shooting all that well. We turned the ball over too much. We missed bunnies around the basket. But we outfought for rebounds. B Culliton was really tough defending their “big” - really showed a lot of maturity to battle with someone larger and taller.

I said early that I thought this team had a higher ceiling, but also had a lower floor than last year. The lower floor thought manifested during the dry spell in December, but I still have much hope for the higher ceiling for these guys - they seem to be coming together. Getting some really good minutes from KJ and (as noted above) B really coming together. Sky has emerged from her earlier funk. Vaeh has been excellent - she really should get some post-season award love from All-Big 12, though I doubt she will. She is an excellent point guard, despite being undersized most of the time. Peyton is playing (at times) like the 5* that she was in high school. Sahara has been a “secret weapon” in the fourth quarter for the last 3 games - erupting in a 3-5 series cycle for great play.

Excited to see where this team can go.