Cliff Notes for Texas Tech --

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
AustinTXSooner

Post by AustinTXSooner »

Bottom post of the previous page:

OUBeliever56A wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:40 am Just wondering here. Why is Torres starting disappointing? Torres is hitting and playing pretty well right now at 2B?
They are not mutually exclusive. There's nothing wrong with Torres starting. I root for her just like most of the team. I'm disappointed that Hodge doesn't get more playing time. She got one plate appearance yesterday and then pulled back out of the game with either a 6 or 8 run lead. I can't make sense out of her substitution pattern.
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

AustinTXSooner wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:11 am
OUBeliever56A wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:40 am Just wondering here. Why is Torres starting disappointing? Torres is hitting and playing pretty well right now at 2B?
They are not mutually exclusive. There's nothing wrong with Torres starting. I root for her just like most of the team. I'm disappointed that Hodge doesn't get more playing time. She got one plate appearance yesterday and then pulled back out of the game with either a 6 or 8 run lead. I can't make sense out of her substitution pattern.
I can agree about the substitution pattern. Sometimes a player has a good game going and she is replaced.

I know the effort is to get all the players involved as much as possible but at times, a player could build a good set of stats if left in.
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

I'm guessing on offense, we might have become too relaxed, due to the big lead we have.