Oh What a Nite!

This is the forum to follow our National Champions Gymnastics team
Sooner Cal

Oh What a Nite!

Post by Sooner Cal »

As we were heading to Love Field Wednesday evening, we passed by Jordan Bowers on her way to LNC. She looked deep in thought as she walked by 100’s going the other direction. I thought, she could be watching her fellow athletes, but she’s got work to do.

Saturday, I had to decide between softball, which I love or Women’s gymnastics, which I also love. Gym won and I’m glad. What a great performance by these young women. I was on my feet after Jordan’s 10 pm the vault. All the Sooner women did well on the vault. One judge gave Hannah an 10 on her vault. Another 10 on the uneven bars for Jordan and, in my unbiased opinion, Audrey deserved the same. Then the Beam. Ragan was, well Ragan. I have truly enjoyed watch her grow into a great gymnast on the beam. I thought all 6 performed extremely well. One judge gave Ava a 10 and the others gave her a 9.95. Her score was equaled by Faith and Kat. I must admit, I thought Audie and Jordan deserved higher scores, it takes a better eye than I have to see the difference. Then came the Floor. Audrey led off. Bell and Ragan followed. They set the tone, confirmed all night that scores would be 9.9 or better. Kat received a 10 from 1 judge. I think Kat may be the most underrated gymnast in the country. I like the routine with its combination of athleticism, dance and personality. Faith then knocked it out of the park with a 10. All was settled and Jordan had yet to go. All Jordan did was a perfect routine, a third 10 and a total score that equaled Swaggy Maggie’s best. For the team score, it was a record. My first reaction was just a little more on one judges card in any event an they hit 199. That’s how close they were.

I just want to thank this group of women for a great season and all the work they put in. I want to than the coaches and staff for their work. I’m delighted to see the sport grow. We are lucky as Sooner fans that our women’s athletic programs are leading growth in their sports. Those who aren’t paying attention to this are missing out.