Big 12 Softball Standings and Weekend Series Rundown

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
OUBeliever56A

Big 12 Softball Standings and Weekend Series Rundown

Post by OUBeliever56A »

Here are the Big 12 Softball Standings and the 5 series that will be played this weekend.

1st - Oklahoma - 9-0 and 31-1 overall - At Kansas
2nd - Texas - 8-1 and 28-3 overall - At Oklahoma State
T3rd - Kansas - 7-2 and 22-8-1 overall - Hosts Oklahoma
T3rd - Oklahoma State - 7-2 and 27-5 overall - Hosts Texas
T5th - * Texas Tech - 2-4 and 21-8 overall - Hosts UCF
T5th - * Iowa State - 2-4 and 11-16 overall - At Baylor
T7th - BYU - 2-7 and 20-12 overall - Hosts Houston
T7th - Houston - 2-7 and 20-12 overall - At BYU
T7th - Central Florida - 2-7 and 14-14 overall - At Texas Tech
10th - Baylor - 1-8 and 17-11 overall - Hosts Iowa State

* The Texas Tech at Iowa State 3-game series was cancelled last weekend. Both teams have agreed to reschedule the three games.

Oklahoma at Kansas - Last weekend, the Sooners scored 27 runs against Baylor's pitching. The Kansas pitching is good but not as good as Baylor's. Will OU hit well again this weekend? I think they will and I do not think Kansas can score enough to win a game against OU. Sweep by Oklahoma.

Texas at Oklahoma State - We will see if the Oklahoma State pitchers are good or not this weekend against strong Texas lineup of hitters. We will also see if the Cowgirls hitting can hit the Longhorn pitching or not. I do not think either team will sweep the series. Texas wins 2 with their offense while OSU wins 1 with pitching or due to the lack of Texas defense.

UCF at Texas Tech - The team that pitches the best probably wins 2 games. I think that UCF will pitch better due to Willis being their #1 pitcher. But Tech's offense wins one game. UCF wins 2, Tech wins 1.

Iowa State at Baylor - Baylor will probably hit better against I-State's pitching. Iowa State might hit Baylor's pitching better than we think. Baylor will win 2 games but they get outscored in game.

Houston at BYU - The team that hits the best will win the series. I think that will be Houston as they win 2 games.
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

If Kavan thought she was in a hostile environment at LSU, wait until she's in the middle of screaming Cowgirl fans smacking the side of the stadium with their paddles. She won't last the first inning. I look for Czech or Morgan to bail her out and stay in until she gets some salt under her wings---or however that saying goes. Even Simpson has been there before. That said, I still think Texas takes two out of three.

Agree about Sarah Willis. She's better than anything Tech has. Knights take two here also.

ISU/Baylor: To me depends on if Saya Swain is available---she might be able to take a couple from Baylor. If she's still out---the Bears might be able to sweep. Although I thought that about their series with Kansas too, with disastrous results. Ha!

Hou / BYU: Houston did beat Texas, but BYU beat OSU. It's in Provo. Does that matter? Seems like a coin flip, so I'll say.......Cougars win 2-1. :lol:
aka Crimson47
TN Sooner

Post by TN Sooner »

OSU leads Texas 4-0 thru 3
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

Pokes win 5-0
Win-Kilfoyl CG 7 K's
Loss-Kavan 2.1 IP 2K's
aka Crimson47
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

Not sure whether to be impressed with the cowgirls or feel like perhaps texas is a little over-rated. Either way, glad to see osu beat them. I wouldn't mind texas winning a game at least.

Very impressed with OUr girls at Kansas. I thought maybe Kansas might sneak up on us and be a little better than you would think. So far so good!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

yeah...I was glad to see texas lose a game as well. I think maybe Kilfoyl just pitched lights out--career game, but don't know for sure. I expect tejas to take the next two. Kinda surprised Kavan lasted as long as she did. She's getting thrown into hostile environments--LSU and Stillwater....will do her well down the road.

We did well up in Lawrence. Had power right out the gate. Kinda wish it had continued on...thought it had a chance to a couple of times but didn't materialize. I know I'm spittin in the wind, but one of these days those late inning goose eggs will come back to haunt us. But also thought KellyMax just owned that game. Pitched very well. Only had one pitch get away from her to mar a no-hitter. And 9K's were great.
Hope Tia keeps up her HR chase. Awesome!
aka Crimson47
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

UCF won over Tech last night 8-5 to help the golden Knights a bit.
The OSU 5-0 win over helps OSU. Kilfoyl was good against Texas. Kavan, once again was not good for Texas just like against LSU.
Baylor won their 2nd Big 12 game with a 6-0 win over I-State.
BYU scored 7 in the first inning to beat Houston 11-3.

Right now, after OU, OSU, Texas and Kansas, it is a jumble of teams with 2 or 3 wins. Baylor has a long road to work out of the 2W and 8L record.