I've been thinking it but haven't said it yet.....

Forum to discuss the best softball team in the country
SoonerGirl1201

I've been thinking it but haven't said it yet.....

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

Did the way they rushed and moved into Love's Field mess our team up? I think maybe we would have been better off just sticking with Marita Hynes and waiting until '25 to play in Love's. Wish the money men would have been reasonable and just said hey, it would be too much of a rush for '24 - let's wait an open it up when we move to the SEC.

Thoughts?
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

The move to Love's Field, especially in the middle of our record winning streak, and the fact we couldn't practice, dress nor shower at Love's, combined with the fact that our hitting was anemic(for us) already, was too much to deal with, and we caved in. So glad we now appear to be on the rebound!
Last edited by inconnu on Sun May 12, 2024 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsProudSooner

Post by MsProudSooner »

inconnu wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:39 pm The move to Love's Field, especially in the middle of our record hitting streak, and the fact we couldn't practice, dress nor shower at Love's, combined with the fact that our hitting was anemic(for us) already, was too much to deal with, and we caved in. So glad we now appear to be on the rebound!
Maybe so, but the Seniors deserved to play in Love's Field their Senior year
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

MsProudSooner wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:41 pm
inconnu wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:39 pm The move to Love's Field, especially in the middle of our record hitting streak, and the fact we couldn't practice, dress nor shower at Love's, combined with the fact that our hitting was anemic(for us) already, was too much to deal with, and we caved in. So glad we now appear to be on the rebound!
Totally agree about the Seniors deserving it. I just really think it messed with our consistency/routine and was a HUGE distraction and interrupter. In the end it will all work out. But I would STRONGLY advise against doing anything like it again - having the team 'half' use a new stadium where it makes it feel more like they are playing away than at home. It was so clear from the first game on - playing at Loves was SUPER uncomfortable. They look SOOOO much more comfortable at Devon Field. But thankfully they are starting to settle in to Love's more. Hindsight is 20/20 though.
SoonerMike

Post by SoonerMike »

The 71 game win streak, the pressure to win 4 nattys in a row and then Loves Field on top of that all added up. We acted like regular humans, instead of Monsters of the Softball World. No one can be on top of their game ALL the time, and not much is required to slow you down a touch.
It does look like we regained our comfort zone. Keep it up
SoonerMike

Post by SoonerMike »

YES!
The 71 game win streak, the pressure to win 4 nattys in a row and then Loves Field on top of that all added up. We acted like regular humans, instead of Monsters of the Softball World. No one can be on top of their game ALL the time, and not much is required to slow you down a touch.
It does look like we regained our comfort zone. Keep it up
OUBeliever56A

Post by OUBeliever56A »

From what I understand, the Sooners will move in to Love's Field permanently TODAY!

They will return to Love's on Monday for their first practice, their first shower, their first time in the first class locker room that they deserve.

They will be no longer playing "in a sence" a road game getting on a bus to go to the field even when they are at home.

It has been a long time coming. I hope they are in their new film room in Love's Field tonight for the Bracket presentation show.

Boomer Sooner!
TropicalSooner

Post by TropicalSooner »

MsProudSooner wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:41 pm
Absolutely!
And....the OP posed a very valid question and comment.
It seemed to me that it just took f o r e v e r to get things started after the announcement of the Love's donation back in Oct 28th of '21, until the construction actually got underway as reported by Believer back in Dec '22. It seemed like there was a bit of indecision about many things, including the actual seating capacity, that should have been already pre-planned and thought out. Surely there could have been 10 weeks saved in there somewhere that would have made all the difference in the world. Even six weeks saved - somewhere - would have settled them in by conference play. We've all felt like they were playing "away games" at home this season. But it would not have been right-to me- to deny our seniors their opportunity to play and enjoy their new stadium in their final year of college.
aka Crimson47
inconnu

Post by inconnu »

Error corrected in my response to Soonergirl, when I mentioned OU's "record hitting streak". I have correctly changed the phrase to "record winning streak".
SoonerGirl1201

Post by SoonerGirl1201 »

I agree with all responses. I'm glad the seniors get to go out being the inaugural Loves field bunch, but I am 99% confident the way they had to play in/out of the new field really messed with their 3 year mojo/rhythm/routine going into this year.

I'm 99% confident Kelly having to face OSU messed with her mojo (I think she is too nice for her own good and probably couldn't settle in completely) :)

I think you take those variables out and we most likely don't lose to Louisiana or BYU and probably win at least 1 of the 2 first games against OSU. We may still drop 2 in Austin, but those may have been the only 2. I'm glad the streak was broken when it was, but I think it was highly attributable to playing in Love's field and such an awkward transition.